Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
So overall the tournament was a success.

-No paying to travel over an overcrowded bridge
-No paying to travel on I95 for 5+ hours each way
-No paying for an overpriced hotel that you must schedule thru Anthony Travel
-Plenty of parking in a real paved parking lot
-No clueless holdback MD kids who cant answer any questions as to where to park
-Not as many wimpy/clueless officials as typically found in MD
-No MD teams whose daughters can already drive
-No fruity vineyard vines wearing MD Biff/Buffy types.
-A Jersey Mikes within walking distance

This tourney was priceless. Can we do it every weekend

I'm a YJ dad who has to endure a bunch of that. This is awesome, my favorite post on here. Specifically, the MD officials calling every head toss and flop when a MD girl is touched and the Biffs/Buffys comment. The men strut around like a bunch of brightly colored peacocks. Not a lot of testosterone down there.

Don't forget the Ice Wars, which begin at dawn so that all hotel ice bins are empty by 8 a.m., God forbid your games start on the later end of the schedule and you could actually sleep in. And then you find that every store in a five-mile radius has also sold out of ice.

Lol, been there! Then you make it to the "championship " which winds up as a punishment when it take 3 hours longer than everyone else to make it home 😡😫

Yes, getting that far was always a mixed blessing. Nice to be there, but cursed with facing shore traffic in addition to the regular SI and Belt Parkway nightmares.

I do miss it. Just had a pic come up on my Timehop of FL and the U15 Nationals. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of work and money, but memories were made and times were enjoyed. I've got one kid left competing in college and IDK what I'll do with myself when that ends.