Originally Posted by Anonymous
So who blew for LI again the "talent " or the "coach". LI is starting to be the bad news bears of UA

I blame UA for continuing to let the same person run (for the money) the LI system.

Ibelieve UA CSE would make more money if different people were involved each year as more kids would try out and pay the fee if they felt they had a fairer chance to make the team. number of kids at the tryouts are way way down from just a few years ago and that was when they only had one division

Ten LI HS Games that should have been played.......

Which would have been a better contest for long island bragging rights?

CSH vs. WM

Cham vs CSH

GC vs Cham

WM vs SYO

Smith East vs GC

GC vs WM

GC vs CSH

Manhasett vs WM

SYO vs Cham

WI vs Cham

On a side note ... Darien vs CSH would have been nice.

Okay a good list but what is the third place team from Nassau A doing with all the rest? Might as well throw Carey in the mix too!

Roslyn also deserves a spot.

Wow!
Given the chance to answer a decent question and offer a thoughtful response/ informed opinion you two just couldn't help but put on your captain-douchebaggg costume.

Not even good enough to suggest a better matchup for consideration.... unless you two would like to see Roslyn vs Carey.

Just keep it simple... I would have liked to see GC vs Cham.
Both played St iggy. And Manhasset 34ydue

Hold on, Syosset has no business being in this conversation was all I said! I would rather have seen Farmingdale. Syosset was the 3rd place team. The program has a little history but this year was very uninspiring for them. You want good matchups then post them. Don't get your panties in a bunch when someone replies.

OK Toolbox.

GC (where you must be from) is mentioned 4 times, and let's remember that Syo beat GC by 4 goals THIS year. So, if GC is in the mix, Syo absolutely should be mentioned. Syo lost to Farmingdale, true, and Kudos to Farmingdale for winning, but that was a one goal game.

OK Just the original poster... not a toolbox.

For the record, I included CSH 3X, WM 4X, Cham 4X, GC 4X, SYO 2X, MANH 1X, WI 1X, and SmithEast 1X. Why did I select these 8 teams? simple - because they are (some) the better teams on LI....( I Probably should have included Pequa vs somebody).

I would have liked to see the most talented teams play each other, and in the case of WI, I'm a fan of the coach and the old rivalry with Cham.

You deduced that I'm from GC because I chose them 4X- (but not from Cham or WM based on your same logic).

From the tone of your post (especially the name calling and limited vocabulary), I might guess that you are probably a frustrated daddy from SYO trying to justify an ok but very disappointing season. Am I right?

If you could please post a sound-clip of your knuckles dragging and the gnashing of your teeth I could be 100% certain.
Maybe include a letter from your anger management instructor, or the brand of sleeveless t shirt you wear.

thanks