Originally Posted by Anonymous
St. Anthony's is gross. No way in [lacrosse] the Head Coach didn't know before now. To argue otherwise is just silly. They know all the kids. As for the championship game being canceled, that is terrible for all the players. But dont get mad at the league. Get mad at the player (and his parents) for cheating and St. Anthony's administration for being complicit in the scheme and/or incompetant when it comes to managing their varsity lacrosse program.

Not condoning what happened. Terrible mistake. Kid is not an impact player and I do not believe the coach knew because he only deals with varsity players and this boy only played two years (including this season) on the varsity team. Obviously someone knew and it was reported by the administration. Player is still 17 from what I am told and I know of numerous 19 year olds who played high school lacrosse this year, including one of your own stars. There were significant penalties which, unfortunately, also hurt Chaminade. But Mom, really, ask yourself why 19 year olds are playing HS lacrosse. Both my kids will be 17 when they start college. Neither needed to be held back or re-classed. [lacrosse], you guys have freshmen who are 16. To me that is both gross and nasty....lol...your words. But unlike you, I am not going to disparage the entire Chaminade student body and administration as you have done with St.As. Chaminade is a tremendous school and if I lived in Nassau I would send my boys there. I am sure you will post again about how St. As students did this or that. Go ahead if it makes you feel better about yourself. For that matter, continue your rant on how we should raise our children as you stood on a soapbox on a lacrosse forum. I need your advice (not really)since both of my kids will go to St.As.