Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is there no medics at the games?

That is a great question! The HOCO rules require each team to be properly credentialed and wearing ID badges (no one does), and ALSO bring a medical kit to the games with them. In the three years that my son has played in HOCO, I have only observe one team, at the 2021 "B" level carry a medical bag, as required to the game.

Medics at youth lacrosse games? Where does this happen? On our team, the first aid kit is carried by the team mom, a parent or the coaches' significant other. Some tournaments have trainers but there is rarely medics on site for any youth sport -especially league play. Do you really expect a league to test each coach to see if they have their first aid kit? Our coaches need to look out for the best interest of their players-not expect someone else to do it.

When there is 3 games going on at one time in 5 different locations it should be the leagues policy to have some type of medic/trainer/emt
at each site. This league is like no other in the country and each weekend is run like a tournament. This past weekend several kids where hurt badly and coaches , refs and parents had to make real medical decisions about kids that where not moving on the ground. It also took 20 mins in one of the cases. Of course coaches should have to required kit on the sideline but to say the league should check Coaches for proper ID badges and medical kit. They should also have at least 1 qualified trainer and each facility. So yes I really expect it!