Originally Posted by Anonymous
The 1996 comment is correct. But that was for this past summer 2012. Next summer it will 1997 and 2013 and so on. In ny anyway, some of these kids, if they were born before dec 1 (when school cutoff is) and sept 1 when lax cutoff is, then lucky them! You people are getting worked up about nothing.

The reality is that this is only a conversation because as many of us know several kids on several 2017 teams were born both before Dec 1 (NY school cutoff) and Sept 1 (US lacrosse cutoff). They in know way meet any age criteria for this age group and are playing a year down by every definition.

In another 1-2 years it will not matter as kids all move to high school programs with various age groups and they will even out physically. However, this is youth lacrosse and the difference in these 13-14 year olds developmentally is huge. Disagree? then just look at the known "early-mid" 1998 birthdate kids playing on 2017 teams(most of us know who they are), they are all more dominating in physical presence off and on the field. It would be the same as my 8th grade honors student-athlete taking 7th grade math, a complete joke.

Not getting worked up, just see it for what it is, an advantage. If this was me, I would have a hard time feeling so proud of any individual or team accomplishments.

Good luck see you on varsity field.

Maybe you are correct. We should probably feel ashamed of our success. My boy happens to be one of the youngest on his team, while appearing 3 years older. We shall hang our heads. That 3 or 6 month difference (which you rely upon as excuse for so many other shortcomings) is just that, an over utilized excuse.

No one is asking you to feel ashamed of "your" success (although I believe it is the boys success)or hang "your" head. The point being made here is that there are boys with birthdates before 9/98 playing 2017 lacrosse. Parents cheating & holding children back to be a "Powerhouse" is actually happening. There will always be size differences @ young ages & there will always be kids a year apart playing with & against eachother but, when adults are making conscious decisions to hold their child back to play lacrosse, it becomes crazy!