Im not sure if this helps you but I am former Suffolk county player and I played with a top travel program. Although I was looked at and contacted after a few summer tournaments, there were no scholarships attached. I ended up choosing a university which offered the best academic path for my career choice. I walked on the team. After one year I was awarded scholarship monies to pay for books, clothing allowance and a stipend for room and board. My university was almost 40,000 a year. I played all four years with this program and stayed for grad school. In my Senior year I was named Co-captain along with one of my team mates. I earned a masters degree in my chosen profession and competed on a NCAA division I level. In my case, it was the academic program that worked in my favor. I have a good job working in my field, but on my resume the fact that I was a division 1 women's lacrosse player is the last thing people notice. My internship ( during fall ball at university) and my actual post grad placement wast most significant.