Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not really, my argument is not that LI has plenty of talent which seems to be your only point but rather there is plenty of talent that hails from other parts of NY especially upstate around the Syracuse area nothing more. Additionally, my second point is that as the sport explodes LI will not continue to dominate the elite ranks as it once did. If you choose to remain obtuse to these points that is your business

First of all, there is more than one person posting to the LI perspective. Second, of course the sport is growing! It's an amazing sport and I'm happy that it has been part of my life for the last 38 years. Thirdly, there are great athletes everywhere, and when they find lax they become great lax players, so there will be pockets everywher; Syracuse is a prime example (their Native American population notwithstanding). However, my sons' town teams have played in tournaments up there against club teams and won handily. My point was simply that you were comparing New [lacrosse] State lax numbers instead of LI lax numbers. They're just not relevant to the discussion.

To your point that lax is growing and LI will soon be overshadowed soon; I respectfully disagree. Lacrosse on LI, and Maryland for that matter, is a generation thing. My grandfather played, my father played, I played, my wife played and my sons and daughter play. And that is very common here. I'm sure there are a few Philadelphia guys that can say that, but a handful. Maybe LI will be surpassed, but not in your lifetime or mine.