Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a son that plays on a Team 91 2022 Team. I have heard a good deal about other 2022 Teams but havent heard anything about LI Express 2022, did they have tryouts? were they well attended? did they make 1 or 2 teams or none? I heard recently that they were still looking for kids for this age bracket and that it was going to be a developmental team. not trying to stir anything up, just curious who we can expect to see in the spring and summer. thanks,

I would hope that any and every 2022 is a developmental team.

Parents pay a lot of money for their kids to play for 91, tomahawks, express, trueblue, havoc, etc. at the 2022 level, similar to parents who have kids at the 2021 or 2020 or 2019 level, they all go to tournaments, they all play in OBL, they all want to win and learn. I would hope lacrosse is developmental until your kid becomes Casey Powell. That said I dont see the joke in being curious about your son's competition whether he is 9 or 11 or 13. What is tue cutoff when lacrosse is no longer developmental and when it is ok to inquire about competition?