Didn't the headmaster at Chaminade get in trouble for sexually abusing students? And, didn't the school cover this up and send the guy to Rome?

I get that this school has had a great academic reputation, but is anyone else bothered by this? I know Cham sends kids to lots of great schools. I know that the Cham alumni connections are some of the best on LI or maybe anywhere in the Tri State. The head of the school got into trouble abusing kids. Our kids.
I am a Protestant and do not have any axe to grind here. I think that 90% of the schools on LI are average at best. Most kids that graduate public schools anywhere are not ready for a top notch academic university. Many public schools do not teach the liberal arts (English, History, For. Lang.) as well as private of some parochial schools. But, many Cham lacrosse kids have to PG at Hotchkiss or Deerfield in order to "get into" an Ivy or Duke and ND. What, ultimately, is the reason you guys send your kids to Chaminade?
I get why you would want to send your kid here because of the rules(discipline), school requirements and the reputation the Cham has as a builder of young men. What else?
I hope I did not kicked the proverbial hornet nest. I'll hang up and listen....