Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
it is the name (number) on the back of the jersey not the front is a cliche but for the 2015's it is true. July of 2013 will be a little late for many kids looking for top 25 D1 recruiting, most of the kids are already on the radar and if they are not then November is a big month for them. the important names for next summer are Jake Reed, Mavrick, Top 205, and the Nassau Suffolk showcase teams not fl$,91,Express, Ballers or Outlaws.

I agree with part of your post - there is alot more to recruiting than being on fl$ or Express. But, I disagree with you about the timeframe urgency - although you are right about being late for the ACC and Hopkins by next July. But, the Patriot league, IVYs and several other great D1 conferences will still be filling out their 2014s and may only have a couple of 2015s done by next summer -plenty of time if you are not hung up on the ACC and playing on Memorial Day. I know because we are making a lot of visits with my 2014 son. Don't get caught up in the hype of early commits, it really only applies to the top 5-8. Need proof? Colgate, Lehigh, Hofstra and even Cuse just announed a few 2013s and 2014s. I spoke with one of the Patriot schools over this past weekend and they only have 4 2014s committed so far. There will still be plenty of time for 2015s to find a great spot even by next fall/winter and possibly even the spring/summer of Junior year!

True. But its already late for kids that are not already on the coaches "wishlist" even if they don't have announced commits. The coaches "wishlist" for schools in the Patriot and IVYs for 2015 is already baked. If you haven't been contacted in some manner I'd be getting concerned.