Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not so sure about that.
They will be good again this year!
11-10 is good?

So who does your daughter play (sit) for, since you have so much to say? Must be fun for her cheering from the bench. What a tool you are!

Don't waste your time. He's just a troll w nothing going right for him or his daughter. It makes him feel better to tear down others.
my kid plays on a low D1 that will never compete for national title, and I have no delusion that she is any better tan she really is. On the other hand, just because of that does not mean I can't have my opinion of the sport, and that opinion is that NU is over rated and was given a gift of a tourney bid with a sub par year at 11 - 10. Thay have not really added any impact players and there prospects don't look good this year, bit we'll see. Other teams played very hard schedules and did much better, but NU got a bid because of past performances, I don't think that will happen this year if things go the same this year

Nobody said you can't have an opinion about the sport. That's not what you do tho. You instead troll with statements like "armpit of a city" and "has been lacrosse team" and "NU guy is back hahahah I knew I could bring him back out". Not sure who u r referring to w the NU guy thing but clearly you are trolling. i am a "NU guy" tho and familiar w the program and happy to debate their prospects. So, if you want to have an intelligent conversation about college lax, and in particular it seems NU because you seem to have a fascination with that program, that's great.

Lets start with your assessment of a gift tournament bid on past performances. That is not supported by the facts. The computer rankings had NU as the 8th best team in the nation at the end of the season, even after the shellacking they took at the hands of ND in the tournament (a team they beat pretty handily btw the month before). Why you wonder? Because they didn't just have a tough schedule, they had the toughest schedule in the country. If they played the average hard schedule that other teams played (say #7 SB who they beat) or Penn State (who they also beat) their record would likely be similar at 17-4 or 14-7. Then we wouldn't be having to use our brains too much to understand that they should be in the tournament.

Having said that, 11-10, even against the toughest schedule in the nation is a drop-off for a program that expects better. So let's look at this year and why they may actually be better.

They lost a couple key players to injury last year including their best two-way middie. Both are back and healthy, that will help. Their senior losses were not big. The two most important were good players, not great. They have a couple of incoming players that fill those spots nicely if need be, but more likely more experienced players will be filling those roles. What is probably not quite understood by you is that they were a young team last year. They will be back with most of their key players being more experienced.

Having said all that, I think they are a final 8 type team this year (maybe with some injury luck a final 4 team) but not a national champion team at this point. And that may be where they stay.

I also think they are highly motivated, talented kids getting a great education at one of the top universities in the country.

So having had a kid play there and graduate, I look at them with admiration, not ridicule. And thank KAH for being a great mentor for my kid.

Ok
1st you can never say if they played team X's schedule there reccord would be this or that. unless the games are played you do not know what any outcome would be. Hiller chose those teams and took on more than her team can handle. they were not a good team in the beginning of the year so to say they would have beaten any team is just speculation

2nd I am the guy with the daughter at low D1, but I have never been to Chicago and did not make that statement, nor do I know if the city is an armpit, but judging from what I hear, I'm kind of glad she is not in that city, I'm a dad and would worry.

3rd lets be real, 11-10 is not good even for the toughest schedule, but that's not really my beef, what is my beef is parents that have kids in NU seem to think less of every other player on every other team. They come on this thread boasting about a team that, quite frankly, seems to be on a down slope, but like you say lets see what happens this year. They have a lot to prove, and if they have a similar record this year I think you would also have to admit a huge slide.

4th NU guy is a poke at me

5th NU is a fantastic academic school, congrats to your daughter for being accepted.

On a couple of remarks not affiliated to this post, I have no animosity to NU, nor do I really care about who wins the national title, in 3 years no one will remember anyway. I'm not pissed at any player or at any other school, my daughter is very happy and does not judge her worth by what lacrosse school/team she playes for, though it is funny to watch all the venom come out if you have an opinion that does not coincide with the masses. My daughter has made some great friends, while getting the degree in the profession of her choice, and has played in all but 2 games in a game that she loves so spew your venom if you want, you are all faceless to us anyway.

My opinion stands
Northwestern will not win national title in the near future, but don't worry neither will 109 other team most likely, the only difference is you carecekyzt