Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter tried out for YJ for the first time this year and made a team.
I really don't know whether to advise her stay with her current team or go YJ.
Are they less likely to add players in the older age groups(2nd & 3rd year of HS)if she tries out again next year?
Is it now or never?

We made a move in 8th grade. The longer you wait, the more likely to not make a team. We are very happy with our daughter's coach, and are happy that we made the move, but were coming from a program that was floundering. It was tough for her to leave because of the friends she made, but she made the decision to leave and join YJ. At the end of the day, it is up to you and your daughter to evaluate what you want, and is your current team providing it?
There are commits from many LI programs, and they vary year to year. I think a lot of it is due to the coach of that particular team, the support you receive from the program regarding recruiting, and the team itself (does your daughter enjoy playing with them and is it a good team atmosphere). At HS, its about getting recruited, and only you can determine if she is in a good spot. Again, we (my daughter and I & the return on my investment) are happy that we moved when we did.