My biggest issue with this travel lacrosse thing is having truly independent evaluations. The talk of teams being picked before the tryouts and looking for a midfielder here or an attackman there is BS. They are forcing you to have the best second grader around and get on an A team early. Any parent who watches closely these tryouts knows for the most part the fix is in. My son has a classmate who told him he didn't even need to tryout for the A team he was on last summer. For a player on a B team to break onto any A team (and we are not just talking about the Express here) that kid needs to show up in September being the next Matt Danowski. I once watched a tryout where a coach moved kids to the back of the line, so he could place all of his A attackmen together on a 3 on 2 drill. Or how about taking a kid on a team who has no business on it because they are interested in his little brother? They collect $50-$100, and have you monitor your email and/or their website like a mental patient, praying this year it will all be different. And it never is.