Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think it all depends on the quality of the coaching at the B and C level. If the kids are getting good coaching and they are enjoying themselves, then its worth it. I have seen with a a lot of club team that they do neglect the B and C teams to a certain extent. Its buyer beware people, do whats best for your kid and have realistic expectations. My son and I have been through the "B" team thing and I can tell you i think it made my son a better player and made him work harder to be an A player. Whether or not clubs are using their B teams to subsidize the better teams remains to be seen, but regardless you have to make the best choice for your son. Bottom line, if the coaching is good, and hes with his friends and having fun, who cares if its A,B, or C. Every kid is different and you have to put your child in situations where he has the most opportunity to learn, succeed and progress as a player and a person.

Good post. But, keep in mind that the lack of exposure for the B and C teams becomes a very big deal during the recruiting years and the stakes are much higher when determining how to allocate your dollars. On a similar note, given that the recruiting starts early now, they should not allow kids that have already committted to a college to play for an "A" team to give more opportunities for excellent "B" players to move up to the "A" and get exposure. I know they do this on the oldest team but they should consider that for the 2014s and 2015s now too.