Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree but the bottom line is to WIN. WIN and Elite players will run to you. LOSE and they go elsewhere. WINNING is exposure. WINNING brings fees. Elite kids choose who they will play for. Obtain them at any cost

I agree 100% - it is what it is, people want to play for a winner and a few free tuition kids that brings a winner will pay for it self going forward, good business

Someday the parents of the troglites buried beneath the surface on the B and C teams will decide to no longer carry the burden of the chosen ones in the sun on the A teams.

So, I struggle with what the end game is of the B and C negativity. The common theme seems to be that if your kid isn't chosen to play on the "A" team, then they shouldn't play for the Express at all. Is this to suggest that they would be "A" material on another team? If so, is that team really an "A" team? I would venture that the same kids wouldn't make the "A" team for other quality programs either.

As for the current cost structure, Express is just the price leader here. Others will be there shortly. In fact, they may already be if you tack on cost for the fall program, a helmet (supposedly, Express is including a helmet this year, but who knows for sure) and assorted other a la carte items.

The bottom line is that good is good and the best will always have opportunity. That's true in life and not just in lacrosse. The "B" or "C" kid should dig deeper and work harder, if their goal is truly to make the "A" team. That's a life lesson and that is what parents should be teaching. Instead, the common thread seems to be that a fraud is being committed and nirvana can be found elsewhere. The lesson of casting blame instead of hard work. Guarantee that most parents think their kid is better than they really are.

I'm sure there are some bad apples or poorly handled incidents, but many of the 93 pages dedicated to this thread deal with "if it's not "A" it's not worth it. That's just the wrong general attitude.

Walk a season in the cleats of a B or C team player - poor organization comminication, sporadic practices, half the team can't catch or throw. It's just bad and should not be the same price as an "A" team experience.

Lets face it. The directors of the Express could care less what is going on with their B or C teams and hardly know your kid's name - unless of course you miss a payment.

This statement is highly inacurate. My son is on an Express B team and the directora know my son very well and are very friendly toward him and me. I won't sugar coat it, there are issues with being on the B team of the Express,many of which have been portrayed accurately here but others misrepresented. Overall its been a good but not great experience. My son is well aware of the alternatives including fl$ but he prefers to stay where he is and continue to work hard to someday make the "A". Thats ok with me. By the way, we are a public school family.