Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ignore this joker who has nothing left to do but waste time attacking another family and a kid. If they had any skin left in the game at this level, they wouldn't be complaining. Rules are rules, and until the rules change, you'll have some age differences. Whether there was an advantage or not at the middle school level is irrelevant now, as this age group is in HS. If someone doesn't like the rules, grad year vs. age, etc.. blah blah blah, go do something about it, or simply STFU, because the system drives the issue, not the players that play within it..

This is not a holdback. The kid is in 7th grade. Last year he was on the team as a 6th grader when the league was for 5th graders. Everyone knows they are littered with holdbacks. This is the next step in the Crabs cheatbook. Basically, we don't care what grade you are in. Just tell us what grade you want to play against and we are ok with it.

BS, just stop. Seriously, take a deep look in the mirror and just stop. There is no such thing as holdbacks anymore, just kids with better educations that went to pre-first. Stop whining. Go enjoy mediocrity.

It's not BS. I am not the OP, but I can confirm that there has been a kid playing for flat brim since Tyker rec lacrosse that is currently in 7th grade. I know because my he was in my sons class who is a 2022. He has not reclassed, though his parents have said year after year that he is going to. I'm sure he will repeat 8th grade somewhere but you shouldn't be allowed to play down because he "expects" to graduate in 2023. Now we are really starting to bend the rules here. He would be very undersized for 2022 but he is very good playing against 2023's that are his size. Holdbacks are one thing, but this is flat out cheating and they should forfeit every game they play until the kid does reclass or is moved up to the 2022 team where he belongs.

If this is true..lacrosse cant go much lower.. The whole grade base BS of playing down is out of control.