Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How funny this all is. That these parasites have so many of you parents thinking that if your kid doesn't pay 3 grand and play for the top express team he will never be good enough, or seen by college coaches.

What a waste of money, time, energy, and your kid's childhood. I played at the Div 1, level and have 3 sons that all went D I You don't need to do this. If your kid is a good athelete he'll make it without losing his youth to this nonsense

MUCH MORE competitive landscape than when you played D1 and prob your kids also! Unless you have a Freshman or Sophomore on that level. Different world now buddy.

It may be a different world in some respects but some things never change - the importance of being ACADEMICALLY up to the challenge. So many parents and kids who do not have older siblings that have already gone through the experience of playing lacrosse completely under estimate the challenge of balancing the demands of the sport (D1 or D3) with a demanding curriculum. Whatever you do as parents, don't try to force your kid into the best school possible just because he can handle a lacrosse stick - UNLESS they are willing to drop lacrosse if the grades don't come through (assuming they are still enrolled). Trust me, you'll regret it more than anything else you've done for your kid and you'll likely be dealing with the headaches of commitment releases, athletic eligibility, transfering credits etc. after the first year, if not the first semester. Be honest with yourselves about your kid's work ethic in the classroom - you know your kid best. Are they a student that plays lacrosse or a just a "lax dude" who happens to play at a college?