Originally Posted by Anonymous
A lot of these teams could care less if your kid gets better. They have great coaches, but they are only great with their high school teams. When it comes to a lot of these club teams, coaches don't care or hardly showup. If you have a great, committed coach you are lucky. Most teams dont have that. Its like pay me now and we will figure it out later. Just a lot of money for an uncommitted coach. Spin it any way you want. Thats how it is.

I have to agree - my son's team -2023- usually has 1 coach at each practice. sometimes the team is lucky and both show up

Head coach is awesome, he has passion for the kids but has his hands full. Management took anybody who wrote a check. I'm sure there are a lot who shouldn't be on the team and a lot who should not be on the Select either. It is sad to pay the same money as Select and you get half of what they get.

So that is two years in a row they did this with this team. The team was able to pick up a few players last year and was actually competitive. They needed to add a few pieces but parents did not feel like their concerns were being addressed so the all left. I feel bad for the coach because it's back to the beginning of last year again.

Concerns aren't being met again. If I was the owner I would concentrate on building team chemistry, only take players who can actually play instead of being a money grabber. The money will come if you build a competitive team, but its back to the same old story. The kids are neglected. The kids are disheartened and most likely will leave again. Not a good business model! It's too bad because the head coach is a great guy, knows the game, cares about the kids, and is stuck once again

Well something needs to be fixed. The select team had 12 players leave and the Gold team had everyone but 4 players leave. That's a lot of turnover

You can say that again, but I think it will fall on deaf ears. That's why my son and his friends left the "B" team.