Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pick the best school you could imagine your kid going to for lacrosse and my kid will probably go to that same school or better without having to play lacrosse.
So where is your edge?

Okay I'll bite ... Harvard, Princeton and Stanford.
I promise you your kid isn't "probably" going to any of those schools because for a kid without a hook, it isn't probable for even the best students. So I don't get your point. The edge is that my kid is going to get to attend this type of institution for her college education, and yours likely isn't.

And here we go again. Everyone on here seems to be going to an Ivy or Stanford. Stop the madness. Judging by the meatheads rooting on their daughters on our team I'm having a tough time thinking there are a bunch of 100 GPA kids on the team

There r 111 D1 girls programs. At least 25% of them, if not more, are extremely difficult academic institutions to get into without something like lax. It goes way beyond Ivies and Stanford. I won't make a complete list but how about Georegetown, Davidson, Colgate, William & Mary, Richmond, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Boston College, Hopkins, Navy, Vanderbilt, Army, Michigan, Bucknell, Virginia ... plus more. All great schools, and all hard to get into. If lax can help a kid get to one of these type of places, I think it's a huge win for the kid.

My daughter is an awesome lacrosse player and after 4 years of getting 85's in an average HS, I want to send my daughter to a school where everyone else has a 100+ average and then I want her to play lacrosse for five hours a day between practice, meetings and gym training. Then I also want her to forego the major of her dreams and take her coaches choice major of basket weaving. All this sounds like a good recipe for success.

Ha. Your sarcasm is off the mark because you even contradict yourself. This is the problem with all of u who knock these talented kids. First it's a girl w 85s in average high school, but then she has "the major of her dreams" not basket weaving. Which is it? Is she a great student or not? And guess what, maybe that hypothetical daughter will surprise you, and actually rise to the occasion. It is, after all, much harder to get into these schools than to actual stay there. She will learn from her academic support staff and her peers how to become a better student, stretch herself, and graduate a much more accomplished and well-rounded person than she was when she got there. So yeah, maybe lax helped her get somewhere her academics alone couldn't, but I'll bet on your kid, even if you won't!