Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many 2015 kids did Outlaws or Jesters get into Jake Reed or Maverick last year? I can think of two.

Maybe a kid that can't crack express orange is a very good player but not good enough to get an invite to Jake Reed or Showtime? anybody that wanted to go to Jake Reed and did not get a direct invite had the opportunity to go to 3D in Fla and earn an invitation on the field, 1/2 of all of Jake Reed campers went this route so it didn't matter who they played for. there are 175 invites for showtime and it is a national event so how many invites can LI have 30? 40? if 25% come from LI, that would be about 44 kids> You have, Jester, Express, Ballers, 91, fl$ as well as a lot of kids playing town (WI, WM ect) so all I am saying is if a kid can't make Orange and can't make fl$ chances are that finding another club just to get invites may not be practical, also with invitations going out this week for showtime and end of month for Jake Reed changing clubs now will not even help for next summer.

This is a little heavy handed and not entirely accurate. There are definately kids who play for the Express Blue that are getting invites to Jake Reed - becasue they are very good players. Sometimes not making Orange is either a numbers game, injury issue or a school game and not necessarily a talent thing. Some of those kids on the Blue could play for any other club if they tried out but they decide to stay with Express because it is generally a solid expreience and a nationally recognized program with the college coaches. Interesting fact, at least two 2015 kids who made the fl$ 2015 team this summer didn't even make the Express Blue - they were placed on the Express White and then decided to try out for fl$. You can read whatever you want into that about Express, fl$ or the process in general, which is hardly an exact science.

And I think I remember hearing that Will Manny (Yes - the UMASS Will Manny) never made Express Orange.