Originally Posted by Anonymous
2 things:
1-it goes without saying that people may want to share the BAD experience they had w/ DK/Elevate in the hopes of helping others make proper choices. Is that a possibility?
2-Does your boss/husband know you spent this much time on computer typing this up? Must be slow at work or lots of commercials.
Basically I read these posts for pure entertainment and truly, that is what they are. The negative commentators all seem to come from the same mold, that their “A” player got sent to “B” team or their “B” player got sent to “C” team, etc…
Most people that are happy with a program will not make any comments for the simple reason is that they are content with their situation and can really care less for what you negative commentators have to say, which for the most part, is the right thing to do.
Until today, I have never commented on a single thread but for some reason I feel it’s necessary to put a few things into perspective.
1. These are pay to play/be on a team – therefore, for PROFIT – stop pretending that Elevate is the only FOR PROFIT program – you can’t be that dumb, can you???
2. As far as programs go and from what I have compared via my own due diligence, Elevate seems to be in the same monetary ballpark as other competitive lacrosse programs
3. Other than PAL, do nonprofit club programs exist
4. The extra training sessions at Elevate are OPTIONAL, maybe you missed that in an email – OPTIONAL training means, you do not have to attend it if you do not want too, making it no additional charge for you
5. As for OPTIONAL training sessions, not once have I ever felt pressure that my daughter needed to attend them but my wife and I only saw them as an opportunity for our daughter to get better and hopefully learn something new, be it lacrosse or a life lesson – some of my best life lessons were learned on the practice field and I am thinking for some of you negative commenters, you never had those opportunities
6. And as far as OPTIONAL training sessions go, I have driven my daughter to many of them, and the constant thing I have noticed was no matter how many girls showed up, be it 75 or 5, the training sessions still went on. If Elevate was run purely for profit, I would imagine the low attendance sessions would have been cancelled and other than weather related issues, I do not recall one being cancelled for low turnout. But guess who was there, probably losing money or at the very least, breaking even on that indoor space, that’s right boys and girls, Coach DK. This is not to paint DK/Elevate as the all high and all mighty but to prove a point to you negative commentators that he actually does care about making these girls better players and it’s not just the money.
7. I am 100% positive that there are other great programs out there like Elevate but with any purchase in life, caveat emptor Greg Brady. I cannot sit here and tell you that it’s been absolutely fantastic at Elevate, but can you show me a travel sports program that is 100% without incident.
8. Mind you that these are 13 & 14 year old girls we are talking about. I know one thing for certain, their skills and development will continue to mature over these next few years and yes, some girls abilities will leap other another’s, just the facts of life.
9. Again, I will agree, Elevate is not perfect, coaching issues, movement among A & B teams, maybe some political BS but these are issues “EVERY” club team will have. Please at least admit that, you can’t be that naļve!!!
10. Elevate and DK has been a very positive experience for my daughter, she is learning the game, life lessons and most importantly, having a great time playing the sport she loves.

From the tone of these posts, my guess it’s the same handful of negative commentators that continue to write about their unfortunate experiences with Elevate and Coach DK. Maybe, just maybe it was you that got kicked off your daughters Elevate team.
Look I get it, we had an uneventful season and one ridiculous experience the first year we played for YJ many years ago. But I never thought it was appropriate to go onto a website and absolutely bash the YJ program because of our experience. If someone asked me for my thoughts, I would offer them, but what makes you few negative commentators so special that you feel you can anonymously (cowardly if you ask me) go onto this thread and day in and day out bash the Elevate program.

It is truly time for you to move on with your life and stop bashing the Elevate program. I am sure, Elevate, along with ALL travel programs will have some unfortunate incidents that will leave a bitter taste for many to swallow, especially when it affects our children feelings and well-being but at some point, it you the ADULT that needs to grow up.

I have been coaching youth lacrosse for 7 years now, so here is my best guess on you handful of negative commentators, you NEVER played the sport, so here is a life lesson for you that I teach my kids along with the kids I coach:

Humble in victory and gracious in defeat!

And NO, I am not Coach K or Mrs. K
My daughters plays for 2020 RED

Two things:
1-it goes without saying that people may want to share the BAD experience they had w/ DK/Elevate in the hopes of helping others make proper choices. I would think that BotC is a decent forum for that.Is that a possibility?
2-Does your boss/husband know you spent this much time on computer typing this up? Must be slow at work or lots of commercials.

The person making this lengthy statement above is the most naļve individual there is. First of all, NOBODY gets cut or asked to leave by Elevate, I have never heard that once from anybody. If you want to pay them, they WILL take your money. When only 5 girls show up to training DK is there to coach. DUHHHH of course he is going to be there to coach otherwise he would have to PAY somebody else to be there and he would make zero money on those sessions. WAKE UP! That assumes he would actually pay the coach which he has a very deep reputation for NOT paying his coach and staff, the reason all his coaches and admin staff left last year. That is why you will see even MORE PARENT COACHES this summer, they don't get paid. Also why do you think he was running those winter sessions in a gym and not at SportsHub? Yes there are new owners, (so why was liberty running everything out of there) he was asked to leave because they don't want to do business with him. That is something you will hear from a large majority of the lax community. The bridges he has burned in that community are too many to count! Can only hope that one day you will see the light along with all the others that have realized the errors (of which there are way too many) of his ways!

My daughter plays for Elevate. There are things I really like about the club and DK, and things I really don't like. So I am somewhat neutral. My daughter will be playing D1 in college so it has nothing to do with that. My only comment is that YES, individuals have been asked to leave the club for behavioral issues, if the parents are overly difficult etc. So to say that no one has ever left is just plain wrong. I sat in my car one day and witnessed the conversation myself between DK and the family. So get your facts straight. They were asked to leave for repeated displays of poor sportsmanship and not supporting teammates in a positive manner.

If true, and I have no reason to doubt you, I have to give the guy credit for doing that. We have all been around people that should be asked to leave! And maybe those individuals do have an axe to grind and on here posting trash?

Let's not give him too much credit. There are other ways of forcing people to leave and lots of other reasons to leave and Dave's used them all. And I know that's happened and I'm sure it was always after their check to TE cleared.