Lets face it every year has its strong players and club teams. Many of the best club teams are loaded with talent and as a whole the players look better on the team then they are as individuals. These players get the looks because they happen to play on a club team that has been together for a long time and they have won many tournaments and showcases. Each year has had these particular teams.

Now you take some of these early recruits and you see that they mostly play for strong club teams that have given them exposure. A town team player or a player that doesn't play for one of these elite club will not get this exposure at such an early age. Maybe the club coach has connections and is promoting the kid to college coaches at an early age. Most people will say that "well if a player is so good he would get picked up by one of these elite club teams". That is not the case and if you have been around travel ball you know there are many reasons why some kids are not picked to play on these elite teams. Like not trying out, politics and nepotism and or pay your way onto a team etc. It happens all the time. I have seen it many times when you take the so called elite club team player and put them in an unbiased playing situation they don'ts stand out like they do on their club team because plays aren't drawn up specifically for them or they haven't had the chance to practice or play with the other players at the prospect day or individual showcase like they do with their own teammates. I am not saying that there are not studs and regardless of who they play with or against they will shine but there are not as many as people assume or predict. Many so called great players are a product of a well coached team and they fit well into a system that has been built around them and their teammates.

I have said it before early recruiting has been around for a very very long time they just weren't publicized like it is in this day and age of social media and extended coverage of lacrosse. Most early commits were in 10th and 11th grade but weren't publicized until signing day.