Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
I applaud the move and sincerely hope it works but lets be realistic. It means nothing, their rules have no teeth. Why does early recruiting happen? It's an arms race with each coach saying it's bad but doing it anyway out of fear of missing out. Same thing will happen at the club level. Clubs may *want* to implement this, but they'll be afraid the next club won't and therefore they'll be at a disadvantage. Club prestige and winning directly impacts club revenue. So no, it's not going to happen. Wish it would. Great idea. But unenforceable so completely useless.

Maybe the Mods can reach out to a few of the well known club directors and see if they want to make a statement?

I am currently working with someone who I think can bring the clubs together. Please be patient these things take time.

Larry you know everyone in soccer, if you pull this off its nobel peace prize worthy. Too many pigs at the chow bucket in lacrosse

I am appalled with the rules or lack thereof. It has been burning me up to read all of the craziness. I will do my best to champion fair play.

True that I have been involved with soccer forever and know most of the principles there but have been here over a year now and am learning my way around the landscape just fine.

Now if any of you club directors out there want information, feel free to contact me.