Originally Posted by Anonymous
How does the new age requirement for youth lacrosse effect club teams? Will the tryouts next year be based on grade or age?

Clubs are probably asking the same questions we all are. I believe CR hosts a parent Q/A at the first practice and will be a good question to ask her.

I could be way off but I really don't think this will have a major impact, at least on LI for girls. I just don't see the hold backs that everybody crys about?

You will see them now

Yes you will. Like the old saying goes..."Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it".

I hope the clubs and tournament organizers are forced to follow new rules ... but what is there to compel them? Is it the pooled insurance US lax offers? Will it be the facilities demanding it in order to host tournaments given their insurance policies?

Clubs will continue to do what's best for them and if they don't change, tournaments wont change because they need the clubs for the revenue. US LAX still remains an organization without teeth far behind soccer that rules with an iron fist. Lax is trying but the clubs rule the sport

Just curious why you think it wouldn't be best for clubs to change? Every club we ever belonged to, including PAL and LISGL required a valid US lacrosse membership card. Coaches in LISGL were also required to submit birth certificates.