Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some schools that only have half of their team in club are forced to sign up kids in gym class because the girls who could throw and catch have quit because they never got the ball. Hopefully some of the US Lacrosse changes coming forces these kids and coaches to pass the ball at the younger ages so more players develop and continue playing. Grow the sport.

Can I ask you what part of the island you are from? The reason I ask is you say grow the sport, not enough kids to field HS teams and from my bubble I see the complete opposite. There are more travel lax programs then ever before and you have Lax stores popping up every day.

Now I would also say the landscape has changed from 20 plus years ago when I went to school and kids who just want to play and have fun are getting boxed out. We witnessed it with our own kids. In years past you would have multiple teams in MS and even multiple JV teams so there was a place for those kids but now budgets dictate and there's less spots. The average players are getting turned off and it kinda stinks but it is what it is but its not some travel conspiracy!