Originally Posted by Anonymous
first off you seem to know an awful lot about what transpires for a club that you are not affiliated with
secondly, Shannon is at every practice doing the training
I don't understand why it concerns you

Last year for us. And yes we know an awfu lot. My wife and I don't want other families to waste more money and time with this club as they have not met expectations, and put
My daughters recruiting at risk. Run if you can. Our youngest will keaventhusmyesrmto follow out oldeest, and I wished they could right the ship, but doesn't seem possible.

I assume by your post that your daughter is a 2017 because you say it is your daughters last year. It also sounds like she has not been recruited as of yet. The part of your comment that strikes me is that you state that TG has not met expectations. What do you mean by that?

Did you expect them to make her a top D1 prospect? That is not how this works. Perhaps your expectations are much higher than her lacrosse skills. There are a lot of TG girls over the years that are/have gone to D1 programs. Most of these girls have gone through the same program like your daughter. So why have they been recruited? They are just better lacrosse players. I would actually say they had less training/practices than today. This is not an insult to your daughter, but you must realize our kids are not the greatest, mine included. Those young ladies that go to top D1 programs are born with certain skills and spend countless hours on their own honing those skills. TG can advise them on what to do but they cannot simply make them a better player. What's the old saying when it comes to basketball...you cannot teach height.

I wish your daughter well and I am sorry you have had such a terrible experience. We certainly have not.

Your explanation is accurate, there are many players , or more correctly parents that think this club has failed them, when in fact they need to be pro active in recruiting. But the scarey part is I am watching the very best players they have, in several age groups walk away. Players that will get recruited no matter where they choose to play, yet they are choosing not to stick around.

When you go to the TG website I see something like (16) girls committed from 2018. The majority of them are from Black when you look at the rosters. There are (21) from the 2017's. I assume most are Black team as well. The 2017 group is not a strong class at TG. The 2018 group is better at least on the Black level. These numbers look OK to me. If 2018's are walking away, it is from the Purple team certainly not the Black team.

Being proactive means setting realistic college goals both athletically and more importantly academically. If your daughter wants to play D1 then she should look at lower tier teams since all the top D1 programs are long done with 2017/2018 recruits. If D2 or D3 is the goal you need to reach out and get recognized. Again, I think a lot of disgruntled parents should accept reality...IMHO

Can we not freak everyone out? There are still plenty of 2018 spots at good D1 programs out there. We just had a 2018 girl from our club commit to Gtown.