Originally Posted by Anonymous
Only helpful comments please.

Have first grade daughter. No idea what I am doing with girls lax. At this age is it the same as boys lax? wall ball, cradling, Gbs, etc. anything else I should be doing? practice tips? would rather spend time myself then spending money at this age. Thanks in advance.

That's all good stuff and right on target. Dodges are somewhat good too but don't really come in to play later as girls can't check until 5th in PAL. Still I'd start early with them because in my experience it takes time for kids to learn to use them in actual games.

Travel you need to judge by your kids interest level. A 529c it's a much better investment for college. That can't be argued. My older daughter is a Lax junkie and started in travel in 2nd with YJ. My younger may never take the leap. Just see how it goes.

Another poster mentioned college games - most are free and a lot of fun! We go to the Stony Brook games and they rock. But depending on your location you could hit Hofstra or Adelphi and not be disappointed. It's a good time and has almost zero cost except gas, time and maybe a hot dog :-))

Hope that helps!