Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My original point about FCA is no matter if the coaches and players are saints. The concept of bringing a faith based team into a youth sport world is just off putting. And I agree its America and we all have rights. But with FCA becoming a top program its a little upsetting that a top player of non Christian faith would have to deal with the uncomfortable feeling of all the extra. We can agree there is only 3 at the most top AA programs within 30 miles of any of us on here.

for 2020 there are - Crabs, Looney's (2 teams), Hawks (2 teams, I think), 91 MD (2 teams), and FCA (2 teams). If a child or their parents don't want to deal with religious dogma then the child can tryout for any of the other teams. If he doesn't make the top team for any of those, they all have "A" teams (or "B") that would probably take him.

If parents want to pay their club fees and include prayer they have the right to do so. The few people that this offends should find another club and stop crying. These are not rec programs!

I agree its America and they are not Rec. teams. But as a non Christian I would like to just deal with Lacrosse and only lacrosse not a club excluding kids even if it is in a passive way. I live out of the FCA area really but I wanted to bring it to the four front. I agree its not a big big deal for 99%. of people. But why do you have to add the grief of dealing with religion while playing Lacrosse and youth sports.