Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the big deal is the Orange boys wanted to play for the championship out right. Alot of trash talking has been taking place on this site as well as thru parents ( as ridiculous as it sounds ). The boys were disapponted with the reasoning of not having 2 Express teams play for a championship when this Orange team played 2 Express teams in the semis and championship at the Forsberg Tourn. My son who is on the Orange 2016 team voiced this to me. I cant explain the logic behind it to him. Just explained there are bigger things to worry about and enjoy playing whenever and against whoever he does

Exactly, why was it ok for the Orange to embarass another Express JV C team in the finals at Forsberg but not ok to let the kids play here? I think MC thought it would have been a huge, embarassing blowout handed to the Turtles that JD and the turtles would not be able to handle. There is alot of tension and animosity between the these two sides going back several years - about control, independence, branding, money etc.

From Express newsletter sent out today -

2016 Express Orange AND 2017 Express Turtles
2012 Maverick Shootout Co-CHAMPIONS!

Congrats to our 2016 Express Orange & 2017 Express Turtles share the title of champions of the Maverick Big Time Shootout this Sunday. Both Express teams went undefeated in the 9th grade A division! Awesome job guys!

2020 Express Orange
2012 Maverick Shootout CHAMPIONS!

The 2020 Orange just keeps on rolling as the take the crown of another tournament! Their opponent was our very talented 2020 Express Blue! Nothing better than ALL EXPRESS FINAL! Way to get it done boys!