Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you are going to evaluate the 3 teams saturday here's what I saw:
Outlaws take way too many penalties. Their attack was good but they didn't like it when pressured. Their defense was fast with good skills but play way too much defense and get tired. Their middies are their Achilles heel. Can't control the ball.
Express's attack is average and rarely touches the ball. Their middies are big fast and strong. They all go to the goal hard and take most of the shots. Their defense is good. Always pressuring the ball. The main asset with them is their face off kid. Hard to beat him. He controls the game for them. They almost always have possession of the ball. Igloo was all around the best team. No great players that stood out but no weaknesses either. Their defense, midfield, attack and goalie all above average players. Just my assessment of the teams.

I thought that Igloo's team defense was the best of the group. They denied or attempted to deny every pass - they denied shots.. they were physical and never gave the other team an easy shot... made them work for everything.