Originally Posted by Anonymous
How was the VLC v Crabs showdown yesterday?

The 2021 game was a blowout. Not sure what is going on down there in VA.

Not necessary. Considering VLC Blue Crabs and Baltimore Crabs are under the same organizational ownership and we are "brother" clubs, let me try and answer the question a bit more appropriately. Crabs 2021 is definitely a bigger, stronger, and much more skilled and disciplined team than VLC 2021 - it was a blowout for sure, I lost count but VLC only scored one and Crabs were somewhere up in the 20s. VLC defense simply could not stick with Crabs offense, and the Crabs boys never quit moving, passing, cutting and shooting - at a ratio of probably 20-1 - VLC 2021 was outmatched for certain. Crabs 2021 is a very strong team, and Crabs 2020 is very likely going to be one of the top couple of teams in the country this year at 2020. The size, speed, skillset, and lax IQ on both teams is incredible, and they are going to come strong for sure - will be very difficult to beat.

While I am not surprised at the outcome of the Crabs over the Blue Crabs 2021, I am somewhat surprised by the score difference if accurately reported. My son played the Crabs 2021 (and won) a couple of times last year and I watched them in several tournaments summer tournaments. They were an average team at best last year and could not picture them beating anyone by double digit goals. Either they got a lot of new very good players or they have new coaches - they did not seem nearly as athletic as other teams and played like they did not understand game situations just looking confused most of the time. Whatever the case, I hope they got better as it will make the bmore lacrosse season more fun.

They got quite a few new kids. Coaches are different, but the 6th grade coaches at Crabs are fantastic.

A few of the new 2021s were probably on the 2020 team last year - that's how they roll. Welcome to the Crab universe - bigger, stronger, faster, older.

Actually, none of them were. Nice try though. I guess it's inconceivable that someone would leave another program to play for Crabs?