Originally Posted by Anonymous
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. How dare any Express parents criticize the behavior of any other coaches or parents until they examine the behavior of the 2017 team at the fl$ tournament last Sunday!! Not only were the parents inebriated from too many alcoholic beverages but they were actively taunting and bereating opposing players directly. They were also screaming to take out players "at the knees". What a terrible sportsmanship example and just decency. Do they really destroy the knees of any 12 or 13 year old boy? It was so bad the boys on Express were apologizing to the opposition on the field.

Now, now....some things you are saying are true, and parents should reconsider their actions on sidelines and between games.

Other things you mention are not true...

You know the difference, don't embellish

Yes, I was there

This sounds so crazy - parents at the 2014 level and above hardly say a peep to the refs let alone to players from opposing teams other than "nice game". This must be the year of the apocolypse for everybody to regress to the lowest level of human nature. This used to be a game just for the privileged of society. But at least they respected the game's tradition and the courage of every player to step on the field. Now that its been opened up to every tom, [lacrosse] and harry its come to this. Is this better than it used to be? Hardly. What a shame that this game is being over-run and ruined by houligans who never played.

This says it all. It seems to be much calmer the older the boys get - I think both the boys and the parents mature. Until then, I guess the environment is toxic as everybody wants to see their kid climb over another on their way Memorial Day NCAA Championship Weekend.