Originally Posted by Anonymous
They have developed these kids over the years making few changes. They got better and probably a top 5 team on Long Island by teaching and practicing with the same kids over the years. I agree they should be proud of where they are now given where they started a few years ago.

I hear the 2021 select team is as good or if not better than igloo black ice and 91 heat.

We will see how they do this year. DOnt forget, a few small changes on a roster of 20 to 24 adds up. If you flip 3 players per year over 5 years thats 15 players, thats more then 50% of your roster

Thats has been posted here for the last 3 or 4 years. Thay are a good squad to be sure, one of the Islands top 7 or 8 teams. But they have never come close to beating a true AA in 2021. I think 91 0 crushed them last year as did Igloos better team. I also do not believe they have ever beaten Expresses true A nor TLIs nor Icon. They are good no doubt, but they have not been able to break into the elite category. I see no reason that should change. They should be proud of what they have accomplished to date

We will see how they do this year. Do not forget, a few small changes on a roster of 20 to 24 adds up. If you flip 3 players per year over 5 years thats 15 players, thats more then 50% of your roster at the end of the day. And lets face it, if you have a player who develops and is great, chances are he leaves to play on 91 or Express (if you do Catholic school). Being on 91s A team in 8th grade and on pretty much assures you looks from D1. They know youi would not be there if you where not one of the ISlands Top 50 players. Not meant to be a knock on the Outlaws, they do a great job with recruiting, but 91 and Express put more kids in D1 and get more rides. WHen it comes to recruiting I would say Outlaws are a solid #3

Solid #3, so you're saying there is a chance.

I said 3 at recruiting. The Outlaws fall below 91 Orange, Igloo AA, WOlverines, Icon , TLI and not sure about Legacy in actual play. Icon and Igloo are new clubs , dont even know of they coach recruitable ages yet