If parents and players knew about this HS tourney BEFORE travel season began then no one would have obligated to play with their travel team. My understanding is it was not known about till commitments were already entered into and set. That's what lead to this mess...fact is, recognizing that it was more last minute than not, each had to make a choice...again, can't blame the travel team for disaplining those who opted out last minute, just cooler heads should have prevailed across the board. Hopefully there will be a meeting of the minds and sort it out more amiably... The nonsense needs to end, travel teams serve a vital role in developement and recruitment, probably have surpassed the HS team for shear exposure. ( not that team, but in general )HS coaches trying recapture that importance before they become irrelevant in the process... Most blue chip players are commited before they hit varsity, so varsity coaches ARE becoming a little irrelevant to the particular endevour...parents need to be the custodians of that process, not the coach regardless of 30 years in the game. They may know more about it but doesn't make them infalable or uncorruptable. Arrogant to think you know what's better for my kid than I do, even if true.