Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to Becky Thorn...Coach of the year!!!!

It's unfortunate that character is not considered when choosing a Coach of the Year.
umm no......I believe character is considered. you're 100% wrong. a lot goes into voting for those accolades be it for players or coaches......but mainly I'd like to say congrats coach Thorn. well deserved all around.

It's based purely on results unfortunately.

Well then why not west islip or Sinai coach? Just be happy for the her and ESM or not. Nothing anyone says on here will take away from these children the incredible year they had. I'm so happy for all of the kids and coaches. ESM administrators are the ones with no integrity - different rules for different sports. an athlete from another sport breaks a huge zero tolerance rule yet because it's softball it's ok and is still allowed to attend huge sporting event in uniform. A couple of years ago a player was kicked off the baseball team for something that happened off school property. This offense this year was on school property and super and principal give the child a pass. At least a little consistency would be nice.
Wow I didn't know that. that's a shame. was it a bad offense worth removing her from the team? the softball player I mean
what about the football team and their incident oh wait swept under the rug