Originally Posted by Anonymous
K
[quote=Anonymous]Congratulation to the YJ 2020 Jones team went 4-0 at ND. great game against a tough Elevate team. Too bad they didnt advanceas they lost the tie breaker to TG Black. Continued success next week at Lax For Cure.

Tie breaker?? Yes they won same amount of games but advancement was based on goals against. TG had less goals against and moved on, so not really a tie!

Same number of wins = Tie. Goals against = Tie Breaker. What are you missing??

The better team advanced Curcio v Jones wouldn't have been a game. Curcio whips Jones whenever they play clear A and B teams now.

The clear A team is the Curcio starters. The bench that doesn't play in meaningful games are the B team. Therefore making Jones the C team.

That is correct Curcio beat TG 3-2 in final, but bench (12 children) did not play a single second. TG subbed I believe everyone including the most talented player in this age group. So Team Curcio goes out and runs teams off the field because team has a lot of depth yet in big games, goes to this modified line team dynamic clearly changes. They go from a very impressive "team" to one or two individuals head down go to goal mentality. We lost and our kids will get over that, but I can tell you this the majority of our team is a lot happier! Go Team Curcio! I mean 1/2 Team Curcio LOL

While I agree on some points, mostly that the few ball hog superstars of team Curcio seem desperate to score in the big games so play a style of me first and are not corrected by the coaching staff. That being said lets not pretend the success of TG 2020 does not rest completely on 1 player, not even remotely a team effort.