Ranking the top ten girls lacrosse teams from Suffolk County heading into the playoffs.

[1] Northport (Record : 13-2, Preseason #1) - Undefeated in league play, Northport remains the top of Suffolks Class A with a loss to Garden City and Good Counsel on the slate.

[2] Floyd (Record : 13-2, Preseason #11) - Lost to Northport and Ward Melville were the only blemishes this season.

[3] Hauppauge (Record : 15-0, Preseason #5) - Undefeated in Suffolk League II action with a softer schedule than the top two choices.

[4] West Islip (Record : 12-3, Preseason #7) - The four/five slots can flip flop from the contentious second grouping from Suffolk's League I action.

[5] Bay Shore (Record : 12-3, Preseason #4) - Surprising performance this year; the other half of the flip/flop entries in the four/five slots.

[6] Sayville (Record : 13-2, Preseason #9) Since the April 6th loss to Mount Sinai, Sayville has certainly been executing on all cylinders. This team could well be more dangerous in the playoff than their Mount Sinai rivals.

[7] Half Hollow Hills (Record : 11-4, Preseason #20) Next best from League I in a year where the round-robin matches did not all fall their way.

[8] Mount Sinai (Record : 11-4, Preseason #18) A tough loss to Hauppauge aside, other losses included Wantagh, Eastport South Manor, and Harborfields. The loss to Harborfields was the blemish on the ranking. Young group will be playoff pressed this year.

[9] Ward Melville (Record : 9-6, Preseason #15) What did they do wrong except run into the League I buzzsaws?

[10] Harborfields (Record : 11-4, Preseason #23) In a League II where many teams are locked at 9-4, Harborfields stands out as next best to round out the list. The one goal loss to Sayville on April 26th sent a message that this team could be primed for a playoff upset - that game was the end of their three game losing streak to ESM, Huntington, and Sayville.