Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was saying to a Chammi grad (who did not like his experience) that I was generally impressed by most of the grads I had met in college, through work, or where I live and their general success. He replied, "you'be been through 3 layers of screens--ivy, wall st, an expensive town, I'll show you the other 300 grads from class you are toiling on the other side of the tracks." The individual will determine his or her success, not the institution. Pros and cons to good public, private or catholic educations. Have a great weekend.

I actually think the economic diversity within the Chaminade student body and alumni is healthy and nothing to be ashamed about. Yes, you have sons of hedge fund managers going to school with sons of sanitation workers. And yes, many graduates opt not for Wall St but rather to run their own small business, join the military, law enforcement, etc. Believe me, most kids there are not targeting Ivy League schools (which hate conservative Chaminade) and many are more interested in SUNY schools because they don't have money to burn. Sorry, but I don't see that as a bad thing. It is a very good high school populated by all walks of people. Those who constantly come on here and suggest it is a fancy pants, rich boy school don't know what they are talking about.