Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just saw the TE tweet - new uniforms look AWESOME!!!! We just got our team store gear and that came out great as well. Looking forward to a fun summer!

My friends was looking at my daughter's team schedule and asked why is the top 2018 team playing in such weak groupings in tournaments? One, for recruiting age kids he said they wont get a lot of visibility at tournaments as coaches will be watching top teams which they are not playing and two, they will go 4-0 each week and lose in the playoffs once they play a decent team? Why not play the top teams? They are playing the 2nd team or in some cases the 3rd team of some of the top teams. A little new to this - am I missing the strategy here?

3 out of 4 schedules were posted:
- New England Cup: they are playing a mixed bag. Some A teams, some B teams.
- Lax for the Cure: this is a championship-style tournament, so they spread out the A teams in different divisions so they end up all meeting in the playoffs.
- Capital Cup: they are playing all A level teams.

I find nothing wrong with this schedule. They are in no "weak groupings". For their first tournament it looks like they are in more of an "A-" bracket, which I think is smart for their first tournament. LFTC I explained, and at Capital Cup they are facing excellent competition, like Heroes for example.

Coaches will be at the games regardless. Obviously you don't know how recruiting/scouting works. Coaches do not just show up to tournaments and only watch the best teams. They go with a spread sheet on specific GIRLS that they want to see. Often while watching those girls, they will also check out the whole team as well.

I do not understand why you feel the need to come on here and complain. Why not send Dave an email? That's what I have always done in the past and that is how I now know all the information I need to. Try not to listen to "friends" trying to stir the pot.

Thanks for the response - not complaining - just asking a question and thought on here you would get a few people to weigh in since it is an Elevate thread. I am sure this time of year Dave is quite busy and I am sure he has far better things to do than hang around this forum. Just to clarify, I went back to his email and he asked why at lax for the cure we are in a low division playing the 2nd M&D, United and Skywalker teams. He said all the better teams are all in the top 2 or 3 divisions. He was saying we aren't playing any of the top teams below who are all in the top 2 divisions. If they are spreading out the top teams, like you state above, how are all of these teams below in the same top 2 groups? Thanks in advance for responding.

Capital:2018 Blue
Cardinal 2018
Soundcrosse (Ct) 2018
Maryland United Lacrosse Club 2018 East
Sky Walkers 2018 Blue
Steps Elite 2018 Blue
M&D Lacrosse 18 Black
Nems Lacrosse:2018
Phantastix:2018 Purple
South Jersey Select Lacrosse
Tlc Lacrosse:Tlc 2018Red
Yj 2018 Rose