Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And now we come to that most special time of year.....a time when a lax coach shakes down parents to attend his annual fundraiser for the HS program which is, of course, perfectly timed for just when tryouts are about to begin. No attempt to even hide the appearance of pay to play. So gross.....and he gets suck up fathers to run it all for him to boot. Must be nice, just show up and people hand you $$$.

Same thing in my town. They have mentioned and sent home flyers for the "fund raiser" at least 10 times in the last month and put a lot of pressure on the kids by giving them admissions tickets with there names that they are supposed to sell at $60 a piece. The clown that is running it isn't even affiliated with the program and has had major issues in the past in dealing with both youth players and parents.

There is an extra fee for anything that the team does and any gear they wear so I have no idea what this fund raising money is used for. The parents are always being asked to reach into there pockets.

Every team does fundraisers to support their team and help offset costs of extra travel, clothing, events etc... I'm trying to understand the anger and accusations thrown at the coaches and volunteers. You called one volunteer a "clown".
Help us understand your complaints.

I run our HS Booster club and at every meeting the bank statement is on the table for all to see. Our fundraisers go right back to the kids. As a booster club you can never pay for everything the kids order every year because if you did they would keep shopping. We pay for a portion of the gear that they want every year and make them pay a fair share to keep it under control. At the end of the season the balance in the account is given out to the seniors as scholarships. If your town is not doing this it is something you should look into.