Originally Posted by Anonymous

You must have gotten brain damage during your lacrosse career. You state things as if fact and when shown that you are incorrect you just make other nonsense up. You want to live in the past when a much lower percent of girls participated in sports . Sorry but todays female athletes are bigger ,stronger faster and yes are weight training , speed and agility training etc. My goodness the next thing you know these girls will want to go into traditionally male oriented fields or become a CEO of a major corporation . No one wants the girls game to become the boys but only you want the game to revert back to the good old days with no boundary lines and barely any programs around.
Maybe I did get brain damage, but your obviously just stupid. Why do you think girls weight training, speed and agility training, being bigger , faster and more athletic have anything to do with them swimming a stick at each others head, or running each other into the ground, cross/hip checking each other. Sorry you had a girl instead of a boy maybe? How about true athletic ability is the ability to control your body, not to run recklessly over someone, or the ability to body position yourself to keep an attacker out of the shooting space instead of swinging your stick because you got beat. Why do you say we have to go back to the days of no scholarships, or boundary lines. Do we need to change the game to the mens game because more girls are playing it? that makes no sense. Here's an idea, teach your girls to play girls lacrosse, not to be a hockey goon, and try to have a boy this time [/quote]

Now I get it your one of those know it all drama queens who thinks you know better than everyone else including some of the best coaches in the game. Do you really think people are teaching their kids or players to swing their stick because they got beat. Go watch a women's game played 10 years ago and yes it is a very different game today with very different athletes. Maybe your daughter is playing the wrong sport , perhaps golf or bowling. Maybe its the wrong thing but I have taught my daughter to be a a respectful young lady off the field but a person who gives 100 percent on the field " There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don't feel insecure around you." part of a great quote you should check it out sometime. Different coaches and parents have different philosophies , stop preaching that your way is the only way, these young girls are stronger and better athletes than you give them credit for . [/quote]You are one of those apologist idiots aren't you. I have never aid these young woman aren't phenomenal athletes, or that there is only one way to coach. Yes there are coaches that teach to swing there stick, have you been to a tournament lately? Yes some of those teams and coaches are from L.I.. But seeing as your so much smarter than everyone els in the room, tell me how the game isn't fundamentally changing due to stick to head, and full body contact, to such an extent that he governing body is considering mandating helmets? You have such a loud mouth when it comes to telling any one that doesn't agree with you to play golf, but it's probably your kid getting beat and swinging the stick in the first place, under the guise of "giving 100% on the field",thats a cop out and excuse for bad sportsmanship