BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,411
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 199 of 327 1 2 197 198 199 200 201 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish there was a like/dislike button

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not call it a bad loss. Two evenly matched B teams played a game that went into overtime, could have went either way. Gialies on both sides played well, but if you think the edge went to TG because of goalie, YJ now has the edge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone help shed some light on the 2019 teams? It's clearly the largest age group. What is to be expected as a member of the Fleming group? Will this team play in all of the lowest brackets?And does anyone know anything more about who Fleming is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]2020 teams seem to be much better balanced, especially with some of the girls moving on to TG. The parents were pains in the neck, and unfortunately their daughter's started blaming their lack of athleticism on not knowing the right people. Hopefully they will find what they are looking for on TG.

Only one kid left YJ and made TG black [/quote
]

So says proud papa.

From which YJ coaches team did they leave? Curcio? Jones?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow so sarcastic....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone help shed some light on the 2019 teams? It's clearly the largest age group. What is to be expected as a member of the Fleming group? Will this team play in all of the lowest brackets?And does anyone know anything more about who Fleming is?

I think that you already answered the questions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But from another point of view my kid could be taken by a team that she doesn't like. Does not connect with the coach and is run by a clique of ball hogs. That has happened to her before so, basically, I shouldn't protect my kid a little? Funny thing is the coach that dropped her had quite a few girls at other try outs...everyone does it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't expect people to just keep asking me what team dropped her....had nothing to do with the post. It was a general question/comment. Secondly, alot of people deposit. The woman next to me had her daughter deposited on TG, BB and was trying out for Elevate and she ended up going there. Moreover, your post is a little aggressive and I didn't post a nasty question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Can somebody please explain how this double-rostering works.

You pay two club fees, attend double practices, double winter leagues, double cliinics/camps?

How would one choose when/if both your teams attend the same tournaments?

Anyone care to riff on the pros/cons of this double rostering? Why would a family choose to do this?

Not one of them myself, but I don't think they plan to play for 2 clubs. I figured girls got offered spots on both teams and now have to decide. YJ just came out so no commitment yet - if they don't like the YJ team they made, they say no; if they do, they say yes and forfeit deposit paid to first team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really am looking for a genuine reply to the 2019 roster questions. Can someone help shed some light on this? Who is Fleming? Assume coaching/training will be high caliber, regardless of team rank? thanks for any insight you may have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Great coaching? Easy to coach top team. What makes it great coaching? Quality practice's or just reps?

Yes, good coaching involves both quality practices and high reps; however, the ability to motivate a good player to be a player is just as important. The ability to handle egos and make them buy into the team concept (in the case of Rose's team) is equally important. Graz has some of the best talent on LI (maybe the east coast) but doesn't motivate the team to get better. Yells all game, and leans on previous skill instead of deeper development. He plays in B and C divisions in tournaments and still doesn't win.

Totally disagree. Graz is very dedicated (has the team in numerous year-round leagues, practices, etc), focused on making the girls better players and does not "yell all game". Also regarding "B/C divisions in tournaments and still didn't win", that is also not true. His team last summer only lost 4-5 games all summer long and two of those losses were to the Blue team and one was to M&D Black. The only bad loss was to TG Purple when their goalie played spectacular.

Rose motivates? How about kids and parents are afraid to rock the boat. Top kids do all work and get better because of the reps. Others play their roll and most don't reach their potential? How are her kids doing in college? Don't tell about the one or two top dogs each year ..they will always produce.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2020 teams seem to be much better balanced, especially with some of the girls moving on to TG. The parents were pains in the neck, and unfortunately their daughter's started blaming their lack of athleticism on not knowing the right people. Hopefully they will find what they are looking for on TG.

Or Legacy.

They are Legacy's problem now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't expect people to just keep asking me what team dropped her....had nothing to do with the post. It was a general question/comment. Secondly, alot of people deposit. The woman next to me had her daughter deposited on TG, BB and was trying out for Elevate and she ended up going there. Moreover, your post is a little aggressive and I didn't post a nasty question.

It sounds like you aren't the only one from your organization that tried out for multiple teams, by what people are saying. Therefore others were probably dropped from that organization as well, leaving roster openings there. Maybe people would like to know where there are openings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dropped from Liberty 2021 B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize for starters, your daughter is on the 6th and last team in that age group. No, they will not be treated like the first 2 or 3 teams. They are the 6th and last team in that age group and will be treated as such. Minimal practices with kids who are not very dedicated to the sport, no winter league or things like that. They will be in the worst brackets at the worst tournaments. You will be lucky if your daughter meets her teammates before the first tournament. As a 6th team player, write your check and do as you are told and don't ask any questions. Yes, you can still buy a sweatshirt and wear it around and tell people your daughter is on YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I view it as kids that can't play PAL who don't want to give up on LAX quite yet but this is clearly not their first sport and want to keep a stick in their hand. If that is where your daughter fits in then it is fine. Last team in the age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally disagree. Graz is very dedicated (has the team in numerous year-round leagues, practices, etc), focused on making the girls better players and does not "yell all game". Also regarding "B/C divisions in tournaments and still didn't win", that is also not true. His team last summer only lost 4-5 games all summer long and two of those losses were to the Blue team and one was to M&D Black. The only bad loss was to TG Purple when their goalie played spectacular. [/quote]

I'm going to agree with the original poster. My daughter played with Jones before being moved to Graz. She is 10x the coach he is. Yes, we play a lot of fall/winter lax, but that doesn't make him a good coach. That's just providing opportunities to play, not coaching. He's loud, demeaning and just cares about the next TG girl he can get on his team. My daughter plays plenty, believe me. That's not why I'm posting. Lets be honest. The second team of such a dominant program deserves much much better. And yes, he plays the girls down, that's why he wins. I'm not above admitting that and my daughter plays on the team. We want to see the best competition and he consistently puts us 2 and sometimes 3 brackets below Rose's team. I'm not bitter. I just expected more from the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure there will even be a 6th Team...The roster looks thin and by the time people don't accept their spots and girls get shuffled there may not be enough girls for a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think she is a 2nd year player on Stony Brook and played on YJ. Since she is in college and will be tied up with lax at school she will not be around very much as she is the only coach listed and between school and lax will be very busy. Its a 6th team. I dont think it matters nor does YJ care what person they put in there to coach the team. I doubt she ever coached before and needed a name/warm body so that they can list somebody on that team as the coacj and cash your check. Just go with it. Where are you going to go now, all the tryouts are over so what options do you have?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the girl who didn't attend tryouts? And still made the 2nd team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think she is a 2nd year player on Stony Brook and played on YJ. Since she is in college and will be tied up with lax at school she will not be around very much as she is the only coach listed and between school and lax will be very busy. Its a 6th team. I dont think it matters nor does YJ care what person they put in there to coach the team. I doubt she ever coached before and needed a name/warm body so that they can list somebody on that team as the coacj and cash your check. Just go with it. Where are you going to go now, all the tryouts are over so what options do you have?

What a douchy response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize for starters, your daughter is on the 6th and last team in that age group. No, they will not be treated like the first 2 or 3 teams. They are the 6th and last team in that age group and will be treated as such. Minimal practices with kids who are not very dedicated to the sport, no winter league or things like that. They will be in the worst brackets at the worst tournaments. You will be lucky if your daughter meets her teammates before the first tournament. As a 6th team player, write your check and do as you are told and don't ask any questions. Yes, you can still buy a sweatshirt and wear it around and tell people your daughter is on YJ.

Well there is a response from a arogant a hole. Piles of new kids try out for these YJ teams every year. Its hard to sort out the talent when its close, so most new players are put on the bottom teams and will have to work their way up. You will only see a very small number of new players end up on the top teams, if any at all. Point is, unless your daughter is one of the few elite players new to the club, she will have to join at a lower team and standout from there to move up teams. One point mentuoned is true, the lower teams get less attention. Good Luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally disagree. Graz is very dedicated (has the team in numerous year-round leagues, practices, etc), focused on making the girls better players and does not "yell all game". Also regarding "B/C divisions in tournaments and still didn't win", that is also not true. His team last summer only lost 4-5 games all summer long and two of those losses were to the Blue team and one was to M&D Black. The only bad loss was to TG Purple when their goalie played spectacular.

I'm going to agree with the original poster. My daughter played with Jones before being moved to Graz. She is 10x the coach he is. Yes, we play a lot of fall/winter lax, but that doesn't make him a good coach. That's just providing opportunities to play, not coaching. He's loud, demeaning and just cares about the next TG girl he can get on his team. My daughter plays plenty, believe me. That's not why I'm posting. Lets be honest. The second team of such a dominant program deserves much much better. And yes, he plays the girls down, that's why he wins. I'm not above admitting that and my daughter plays on the team. We want to see the best competition and he consistently puts us 2 and sometimes 3 brackets below Rose's team. I'm not bitter. I just expected more from the organization. [/quote]

That was put perfectly. I am in a similar situation and completely agree. Came over from TG. Big mistake. That guy is a real piece of work. A total jackass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As bad as this sounds, this will likely be what happens. I wouldn't put it exactly how this poster did, but the bottom line is that you will get the minimum 10 practices. Meet at the tournaments. You will feel separated and distant from the other teams, and feel very much like a third wheel. You will also probably play 50% or more of your games against younger YJ teams or YJ north teams. When it is all said and done you probably will feel like you wasted a lot of time. You will not have the same experience as a top team does and you child will not improve much if all you do is attend the 10 practices.

You child will probably play 20 games in the travel season of which she will see 20-30 minutes per game max. So that's about 2 hours of playing time for five weeks. 10 hours of game time total and 15 hours of practice. All that money and time for so little in return.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not uncommon for YJ. Coaches recruit girls all the time and they don't need to try out. It's happened for the last 3 years on the 2018 2nd team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not uncommon for YJ. Coaches recruit girls all the time and they don't need to try out. It's happened for the last 3 years on the 2018 2nd team.

Or you can cut a deal to be a coach and bring a handful of players over with guaranteed spots on blue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a douchy response.

Sounds like its your way of saying it was an accurate and honest response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Happened on 2020 blue also.. 2 newbies came as a package with the asst coach... No tryout necessary.. Was already decided in the summer. Just showed up to tryouts to save face and quiet all the whining parents whose kids had to tryout to hold their spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or you can cut a deal to be a coach and bring a handful of players over with guaranteed spots on blue.

AMEN!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your talking about a girl who made the b team of liberty, which is a b level club as it is. We didn't want her back, she is a ball hog and a big part of why the team lost so much last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a douchy response.

Sounds like its your way of saying it was an accurate and honest response.

No its my way of saying what a [lacrosse] bag , sort of like you. Funny a collegiate player coaching a team sounds like TG except this one plays at stony brook so hopefully she is around more than most college coaches. Its even possible some of her teammates will help out so may be a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure there will even be a 6th Team...The roster looks thin and by the time people don't accept their spots and girls get shuffled there may not be enough girls for a team.

Good point. Assume a lot of 6th team kids decline the offer and up on a 5th team with like 28 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Graz a.k.a. Grazadouche.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's where the alternates come in!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the first 4 2019 teams are pretty solid. After that who knows what you got.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Happened on 2020 blue also.. 2 newbies came as a package with the asst coach... No tryout necessary.. Was already decided in the summer. Just showed up to tryouts to save face and quiet all the whining parents whose kids had to tryout to hold their spot.

It was actually three newbies that came with 2020 coach and 2019 got three newbies as part of the deal also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes the one that's better than your daughter!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't matter who dropped her my post was more about girls trying out in multiple spots. I see girls doing that at every tryout. Everyone does it.

1) why did you ask if you didn't want the answer.
2) not everyone does it, I never did it with my kids. It's shows both coaches you have no loyalty.
3) sadly both teams know you double dipped, doesn't start your daughter off on a very good foot.

Know for a fact more than one kid played both yj and elevate last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Elevate posts their rosters?

Like Reply Quote
Page 199 of 327 1 2 197 198 199 200 201 326 327