BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 181 of 327 1 2 179 180 181 182 183 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The rebel team you lost too consisted of mostly 2020 players , what team did you you lose to at lax for the cure and if you are going to talk about playing time being equal in a loss lets talk about playing time in your championship games . Your team barely beats the 2 nd level team . With your new additions , which ones if you are not from Smithtown good luck . You have never beaten TG and have lost to teams consisting almost entirely of TG , and no TG team at this age is not exactly a powerhouse . Only know what I have seen and heard about that team but cannot justify 27 on the roster no matter who you are.

We won Lax for the Cure, thanks for bringing that up. Never played Top Guns

Yet you are too embarrassed to be truthful and state who you lost to at Lax for the cure on day one, I believe it was a team like the rebels consisting of kids 2 years younger than yours. Obviously your kid is not a top player on that team because they all realize the team is not what it should be and is regarded as the weakest top team in the YJ group.

We lost to the rebels at Lax by the sea in the finals, nobody claims otherwise. But we won Lax for the Cure. Why is that a problem. We lost to TLC without our coach and then beat them in the final by at least 6 goals. How is that embarrassing

At least get your facts straight before you come on here and bash a team that you wish your kid was on.

Here is the part where you get angry and start name calling

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Wow holy tool!!!! Relax no one really cares where they are from or what team they played on. Fact is they are going to come in and take over the Cursio 2020 team. If you're this worked up about a post you definitely need a job or a hobby to occupy your time."

You seem angry that these kids and their parents considered themselves too good to want to play with your TG kid. Nice team you have there TG , do whats best for your kid and move on to YJ , don't worry everyone makes a team at YJ they can add a sixth team for you.

A- my kid does not play for TG
B- I was saying that the kids that are coming over are VERY good players an will be dominate players on that team
C- Not angry at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree blue has some very talented players but they do not work as a team. Now I think this is for a few reasons. First some (not all)are just crazy. Yes do think the asst bringing all there friends big issue. They are all playing scared. Scared that they may get moved down. And yes that lady rebels is a very good team but that poster sounds like an idiot when they start saying 2020 actually for the most part u r talking about a 6 month difference3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rebel team you lost too consisted of mostly 2020 players , what team did you you lose to at lax for the cure and if you are going to talk about playing time being equal in a loss lets talk about playing time in your championship games . Your team barely beats the 2 nd level team . With your new additions , which ones if you are not from Smithtown good luck . You have never beaten TG and have lost to teams consisting almost entirely of TG , and no TG team at this age is not exactly a powerhouse . Only know what I have seen and heard about that team but cannot justify 27 on the roster no matter who you are.

We won Lax for the Cure, thanks for bringing that up. Never played Top Guns

Yet you are too embarrassed to be truthful and state who you lost to at Lax for the cure on day one, I believe it was a team like the rebels consisting of kids 2 years younger than yours. Obviously your kid is not a top player on that team because they all realize the team is not what it should be and is regarded as the weakest top team in the YJ group.

We lost to the rebels at Lax by the sea in the finals, nobody claims otherwise. But we won Lax for the Cure. Why is that a problem. We lost to TLC without our coach and then beat them in the final by at least 6 goals. How is that embarrassing

At least get your facts straight before you come on here and bash a team that you wish your kid was on.

Here is the part where you get angry and start name calling

Where exactly are the facts wrong? Asked what team you lost to on day one? Facts straight , go talk with a parent of any of your top players and ask them to be honest, team is a mess from what I hear. Good luck if you feel 27 kids on a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree blue has some very talented players but they do not work as a team. Now I think this is for a few reasons. First some (not all)are just crazy. Yes do think the asst bringing all there friends big issue. They are all playing scared. Scared that they may get moved down. And yes that lady rebels is a very good team but that poster sounds like an idiot when they start saying 2020 actually for the most part u r talking about a 6 month difference3

Exactly how do they sound like an idiot saying you lost to a team consisting mainly of 2020 when you did. I guess you know all their Bdays but the fact remains your Blue team lost to a mainly younger team, have never heard of any other YJ top team doing that. Have to agree that many on that team play scared , only the select few can go to goal and turn it over without fear of losing their spot, have fun watching one of them do it over and over again , eventually the parents will have enough , I hear one of them could not contain themselves first tourny last year resulting in the team parent conversation.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly how do they sound like an idiot saying you lost to a team consisting mainly of 2020 when you did. I guess you know all their Bdays but the fact remains your Blue team lost to a mainly younger team, have never heard of any other YJ top team doing that. Have to agree that many on that team play scared , only the select few can go to goal and turn it over without fear of losing their spot, have fun watching one of them do it over and over again , eventually the parents will have enough , I hear one of them could not contain themselves first tourny last year resulting in the team parent conversation.

The Rebels team was not a mostly 2020 team.
It was a mostly 2019 team with a few 2018's and 2020's mixed in.
The good news is some of those 2019's that did play for rebels are coming over from top guns.
So i guess the parents liked what they saw.
stop hating.
Nobody plays scared, maybe those are the kids that really dont belong on this team and only have a spot for the wrong reasons.F & F

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR's favorite weekend of the year getting close to $100,000 for one day worth of tryouts for teams that are 99% decided before anyone arrives!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The good news is some of those 2019's that did play for rebels are coming over from top guns.
stop hating.
Nobody plays scared, maybe those are the kids that really dont belong on this team and only have a spot for the wrong reasons.F & F

Initially it was some 2018 girls playing with the team founder daughter playing up. As she fell to her age group the team age did too. Rebels is not a team or club, all it is is a name often used to enter tournaments with. There is no solid roster, it is a misch mosh of who can make it. They even bring two age groups to some tournys, a mainly2019 with a couple 18s mixed in, then play to upper division, and a 2020 team and all are appropriate age, they even have some, or at least one 2021 who plays from time to time. When there are no conflicts yj girls join in on these teams, they were mainly tg driven in the past. Watch now as the rosters and tournament will be more yj driven because guess who drives the rebels? Same girls and parents you've been complaing about for the last month. Looks to me like they know exactly what they are doing and have a finger on the pulse of what's going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stop hating.

Now lets make you look like the dope you are. Are you saying the Rebels team and their coaches cheated by playing 2018 players in a 2019 division. My guess is morons like you make that up so you feel better about losing to a mostly younger team.
Second if a kid has a spot because of connections as you say (ie mommy or daddy coach) then why would that kid play scared? Makes no sense , my guess you are one of the F&F and realize there are kids on that team much better than yours but have not really been given the chance to show it , knowing that if they were it would make it look even worse than everyone knows it is.Good luck to you this weekend but remember to try and be fair during the tryouts and not just look out for your own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly how do they sound like an idiot saying you lost to a team consisting mainly of 2020 when you did. I guess you know all their Bdays but the fact remains your Blue team lost to a mainly younger team, have never heard of any other YJ top team doing that. Have to agree that many on that team play scared only the select few can go to goal and turn it over without fear of losing their spot, have fun watching one of them do it over and over again , eventually the parents will have enough , I hear one of them could not contain themselves first tourny last year resulting in the team parent conversation.

stop hating.

Now lets make you look like the dope you are. Are you saying the Rebels team and their coaches cheated by playing 2018 players in a 2019 division. My guess is morons like you make that up so you feel better about losing to a mostly younger team.
Second if a kid has a spot because of connections as you say (ie mommy or daddy coach) then why would that kid play scared? Makes no sense , my guess you are one of the F&F and realize there are kids on that team much better than yours but have not really been given the chance to show it , knowing that if they were it would make it look even worse than everyone knows it is.Good luck to you this weekend but remember to try and be fair during the tryouts and not just look out for your own.

Why the name calling?
Maybe your right about the 2018's not playing in this tournament. I;ll give you that . Didnt want to say they cheated. Still was mostly a 2019 team. They beat us fair and square.
Can you explain why the coaches are bringing their kids over ??

Did you ever think that these kids playing ''Scared"
just are not at this level yet? Maybe they are the F & F and parents are making excuses.

Why so much hate toward this team from you?
My guess is you were cut from this team or are one of the rebels who did not get the memo about changing clubs. Either way you wish you were there. Maybe next year

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which assistant is bringing f&f over?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR's favorite weekend of the year getting close to $100,000 for one day worth of tryouts for teams that are 99% decided before anyone arrives!
But she has to pay some college kids to run some drills

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and picks up a few dozen new balls as well!!! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has everyone lost there minds the kids will end up hopefully on the right teams at the end of the day. I do think however that all this bull ---- is getting in the way of the girls truly having fun at the game they love

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and picks up a few dozen new balls as well!!! LOL

The great thing about this time of year is to listen to parents talking about these tryouts away from the lacrosse field like they are life and death and that they are 100% legit. They can't tell you a thing about their kids school grades but these mommies sure know the difference between yellow and blue!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as far as this Rebel thing goes, I'm going to throw my theory in the mix. I think that the Rebels were a mish mosh of players from T.G. and Y.J that got together at certain tournaments and was very successful. probably too successful for C.R. taste. The best I can tell (thankfully my daughter is done with all this) Y.J. teams it seems got beat by Rebels, and that C.R. can not have, so in true evil empire empire fashion, she pretty much buys the team that beat her. This is a win win for her. That team can no longer beat her teams because there is no way she will allow her players to play for any other team against her. and in a year she can drop the offending players to a 2nd 3rd or 4th team and no one will care

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as far as this Rebel thing goes, I'm going to throw my theory in the mix. I think that the Rebels were a mish mosh of players from T.G. and Y.J that got together at certain tournaments and was very successful. probably too successful for C.R. taste. The best I can tell (thankfully my daughter is done with all this) Y.J. teams it seems got beat by Rebels, and that C.R. can not have, so in true evil empire empire fashion, she pretty much buys the team that beat her. This is a win win for her. That team can no longer beat her teams because there is no way she will allow her players to play for any other team against her. and in a year she can drop the offending players to a 2nd 3rd or 4th team and no one will care

Theory is a little broken... why on earth would she then drop the players that beat the yj team to 3rd or 4th? Makes zero sense. She simply adds them to the blue, and builds a powerhouse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your theory is horrible . Some background on Rebels . Started by I believe 3 dads out east who had kids that wanted to play year round but at a higher level than any of their town teams could . Rebels beat YJ and would beat TG in that they generally take some of the better players and do not have the back end of the 24-27 man rosters to contend with . They also play to win games and generally know who and how to stop the other teams . For all the talk of the greatest player on the east coast in the 2020 age group I have seen a rebel team beat her green machine many times as lacrosse is still a team game . Those kids will remain on blue although they may struggle to live up to the hype of best players in their age groups .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly how do they sound like an idiot saying you lost to a team consisting mainly of 2020 when you did. I guess you know all their Bdays but the fact remains your Blue team lost to a mainly younger team, have never heard of any other YJ top team doing that. Have to agree that many on that team play scared only the select few can go to goal and turn it over without fear of losing their spot, have fun watching one of them do it over and over again , eventually the parents will have enough , I hear one of them could not contain themselves first tourny last year resulting in the team parent conversation.

stop hating.

Why the name calling?
Maybe your right about the 2018's not playing in this tournament. I;ll give you that . Didnt want to say they cheated. Still was mostly a 2019 team. They beat us fair and square.
Can you explain why the coaches are bringing their kids over ??

Did you ever think that these kids playing ''Scared"
just are not at this level yet? Maybe they are the F & F and parents are making excuses.

Why so much hate toward this team from you?
My guess is you were cut from this team or are one of the rebels who did not get the memo about changing clubs. Either way you wish you were there. Maybe next year

Name calling because you openly accused coaches and players if cheating , so yes annoying when people speak as if they have a clue when in reality just making stuff up. There are probably 3-4 kids on that blue team that most consider to be the better players , feel free to have an honest conversation with them in terms if the direction of that team . Those Rebel kids coming over has nothing to do with them being impressed w the team or coaches and everything to do with the advantages of playing for CR and the horror of playing for BS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stop hating.

Oh yea they will be fair

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Theory is a little broken... why on earth would she then drop the players that beat the yj team to 3rd or 4th? Makes zero sense. She simply adds them to the blue, and builds a powerhouse.
You'll see

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 blue has very dominant players on their team already. Unfortunately there are a lot of ball hogs and kids that don't belong, talent wise. The girls coming over from Rebels are no better than the top players on the blue team.They will be a good addition as long as they get rid of the 27 girl roster. Rebels girls have been spoiled playing with a 16 team roster at most and they dont have to clean up mess of 2nd and 3rd lines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's amazing how some people have time to talk about other peoples kids day after day after day. You remain anonymous to write absolutely anything you want. You make the crap up. A few sick obsessed people come on and feed each other ignorant, classless hearsay over and over and over! Focus on your own. Stop obsessing over other peoples kids! We are tired of hearing you complain about kids moving from TG! It was old weeks ago and yet you still beat it to death. The same 2-3 arrogant losers all day, every day! NO ONE CARES except you few idiots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain to me how YJ tryouts are run? Its my daughters first tryout and would appreciate any info that you could share.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typically When girls first get there they partner up with somebody and have a catch then they do a lap around the field. Girls r then broken up into their teams from last season. New girls go together. Then, they scrimmage. Girls r then picked from the new girls and placed with either 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th team to see how they stack up. At the end of tryouts u can kinda get an idea of where your daughter is going to be. That is how it's been ran in the past. Good luck to your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typically When girls first get there they partner up with somebody and have a catch then they do a lap around the field. Girls r then broken up into their teams from last season. New girls go together. Then, they scrimmage. Girls r then picked from the new girls and placed with either 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th team to see how they stack up. At the end of tryouts u can kinda get an idea of where your daughter is going to be. That is how it's been ran in the past. Good luck to your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
first and for most.. please arrive on time. Registration opens 30 minutes before the scheduled tryout time.. get checked in early. they don't like people who come late or just on time.. 1st impression!!!!!. Have your daughter bring 2 sticks ( in case one breaks ) water and 2 balls with her name on it ( the chances of you getting the back is 50/50 ..lol ) Depending on her age ( 2020 had 5 teams last year ) the girls start with some light calisthenics, jogging etc. Then they will break into the teams they played with in the summer, keep in mind they all will have their YJ jerseys on. Since your daughter has not played for the YJ, they will give her a red pinny and you will be in a group with the other girls who have not played YJ. Then the fun begins.. Coach Rose will watch this group run through drills, and she may move your daughter to another group and this will go on will all the teams. Girls will move the whole tryouts. halfway through they will have scrimmages, and again girls move around. In the end.. the last team your daughter is with most likely will be the team she is on for the summer 2015. Good luck!!!!! I am sure she will be very nervous ( all 1st time tryouts are nerve racking for them.. still keep in mind they are just kids still )..have her get a good nights sleep tonight. Give her a big hug and kiss and tell her to do her best!!!!!!!! She will be just fine.!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 blue has very dominant players on their team already. Unfortunately there are a lot of ball hogs and kids that don't belong, talent wise. The girls coming over from Rebels are no better than the top players on the blue team.They will be a good addition as long as they get rid of the 27 girl roster. Rebels girls have been spoiled playing with a 16 team roster at most and they dont have to clean up mess of 2nd and 3rd lines.

Agree with some except YJ 2019 has no Dominant players ,many very good but no dominant player. The TG kids coming over are good players but will be somewhere in the middle on that team , possible starting defenders or second line middie attack kids. If you think any of the YJ blue kids are considered dominant players you have no idea what that is .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious....what do u consider dominant?? Someone who doesn't pass the ball and goes directly to goal??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But she has to pay some college kids to run some drills
The 99% is correct that is why girls start playing with last years team at the tryouts and are wearing their jerseys so everyone knows their place!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious....what do u consider dominant?? Someone who doesn't pass the ball and goes directly to goal??

Glad you ask that. Here's what parents on the sideline need to understand so they stop pressuring their kids to go to goal every time they touch the ball. A dominate player is the one who controls the game. Heavy redefending, ride pressure, ground ball hustle, pass defense, transition passing, feeding, decoying, timely slides, and basically making everyone on the field around them better. A girl (or boy) can completely dominate a game without ever scoring a goal herself, although they usually end up putting a goal or two in themselves. No one is impressed with the girl who scored 5 goals because all she did was "Go to goal"" every time they touch the ball. If that's your daughter, correct it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A dominant player is a player that dominates the game in a big game. Could be a draw kid , could be a kid that the offense runs thru the other team knows it yet still cannot stop, could be the defender that they know can stop the other teams bet player cause turnovers etc., could be the goalie that everyone knows stops multiple shots that other goalies would not. Lets just say you will know it when you see it, example is Sid Pirecca 2015. ( no offense to others on that team as it has a few dominant players)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with your definition..... look a little harder when you watch that team,you will see them....

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Glad you ask that. Here's what parents on the sideline need to understand so they stop pressuring their kids to go to goal every time they touch the ball. A dominate player is the one who controls the game. Heavy redefending, ride pressure, ground ball hustle, pass defense, transition passing, feeding, decoying, timely slides, and basically making everyone on the field around them better. A girl (or boy) can completely dominate a game without ever scoring a goal herself, although they usually end up putting a goal or two in themselves. No one is impressed with the girl who scored 5 goals because all she did was "Go to goal"" every time they touch the ball. If that's your daughter, correct it.

Yes!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with your definition..... look a little harder when you watch that team,you will see them....

I have watched that team many times and unfortunately I think you have some parents who feel their kid is that player when they just are not . Again some very good top kids but no dominant kid , yes have some kids that are descent at going to goal but do so with their head down and turn the ball on forced shots too much . What position is the player you are talking about , I am assuming a middy but not even sure which one you think that player is .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back on the merry-go-round. Keep talking about the same kids again... Everything else in the world of YJ lacrosse must be perfect because there is apparently nothing else to talk about but the same group of 12 year old little girls who as far as anyone can see, get along so well with each other both on and off the field. It's a few wacko parents who try and create drama. Way to go CR. Seriously, no sarcasm at all. You run a great program when the only people balking are a few threatened, wacko parents of a 2019 and 2020 team! Hats off to you CR. There is nothing to complain about. The more these people go on about this topic, the more obvious there are very few unhappy people in the YJ program. Just a few disgruntled parents of the young teams . Hat's off to YJ!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back on the merry-go-round. Keep talking about the same kids again... Everything else in the world of YJ lacrosse must be perfect because there is apparently nothing else to talk about but the same group of 12 year old little girls who as far as anyone can see, get along so well with each other both on and off the field. It's a few wacko parents who try and create drama. Way to go CR. Seriously, no sarcasm at all. You run a great program when the only people balking are a few threatened, wacko parents of a 2019 and 2020 team! Hats off to you CR. There is nothing to complain about. The more these people go on about this topic, the more obvious there are very few unhappy people in the YJ program. Just a few disgruntled parents of the young teams . Hat's off to YJ!

Thanks for your wisdom you pompous loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, some crazy parents on that team. There is a defender that gets the job done and a middie who does not force shots, feeds other girls, aggressive at ground balls and makes interceptions. In all a very selfish team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She has one might..alley dodge....and great speed...average decision-making and game sense..WB dominates

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're welcome wacko one.

Like Reply Quote
Page 181 of 327 1 2 179 180 181 182 183 326 327
Quick Reply