BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 327 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Calling a team unbeatable in their age group is such a joke, has this so called unbeatable team ever won a competitive tournament. Seems strange that all the other top travel teams have played each other at some point except this one.

The poster was referring to the the YJ 15 blue team being unbeatable! I would have to disagree, even though I am a YJ parent. No one is unbeatable! Everone has a bad game here and there especially in tournaments with 20 minute games. The team is great though and they are extremely competitive!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 3 or 4? I would bet the bottom 11 on that team would beat any other LI team!No disrespect to the other teams , but Don't disrespect the non-starters on that team. I have seen them play, they are VERY good! They are all D 1 caliber kids! There is no need to call them Mediocre. They definitely do not have all of the top 3 or 4 in the winter league and they are competing with all of the teams! I bet if took a poll of the top 3 or 4 you would get a lot of different opinions!

Is your kid in the bottom 11. sounds like it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad
bottom line,, take those 3 or 4 off YJ, all LI teams that age are equal. actually I can name 5

Which 3 or 4? I would bet the bottom 11 on that team would beat any other LI team!No disrespect to the other teams , but Don't disrespect the non-starters on that team. I have seen them play, they are VERY good! They are all D 1 caliber kids! There is no need to call them Mediocre. They definitely do not have all of the top 3 or 4 in the winter league and they are competing with all of the teams! I bet if took a poll of the top 3 or 4 you would get a lot of different opinions!
The same age group at liberty played G.C. varsity 2 weeks ago and also lost by I think 4 goals, (That Garden City team is unbelievable, without question, best in the country). So hopefully when the two meet at tourney it will be a good game

I know it isn't the right thread but GC Varsity is not clearly the best team in the country! Northport and Hauppaugue will be right there with them and watch out for ESM! They are very athletic and have the best goalie!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is your kid in the bottom 11. sounds like it

Trust me if she is in the bottom 11 she is still a great player. That team is tough to make!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bottom line,, take those 3 or 4 off YJ, all LI teams that age are equal. actually I can name 5

The same age group at liberty played G.C. varsity 2 weeks ago and also lost by I think 4 goals, (That Garden City team is unbelievable, without question, best in the country). So hopefully when the two meet at tourney it will be a good game

I know it isn't the right thread but GC Varsity is not clearly the best team in the country! Northport and Hauppaugue will be right there with them and watch out for ESM! They are very athletic and have the best goalie!
You are obviously a suffolk county lax parent, and I'll assume you haven't seen G.C. play. If E.S.M. or Haupauge were better , they would have beaten them in the L.I. champ. game. at some point over the last 6 years, 7 if you count the year G.C. won the Island , but lost the state . No other school even comes close. So no offense , until some team actually beats them , and doesn't just "look strong this year", they are the best team in N.Y. without question, and in my opinion, the best team in the country. Oh by the way I could say the same thing about 2015 (real) blue. And no I am not a Y.J. parent

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You are obviously a suffolk county lax parent, and I'll assume you haven't seen G.C. play. If E.S.M. or Haupauge were better , they would have beaten them in the L.I. champ. game. at some point over the last 6 years, 7 if you count the year G.C. won the Island , but lost the state . No other school even comes close. So no offense , until some team actually beats them , and doesn't just "look strong this year", they are the best team in N.Y. without question, and in my opinion, the best team in the country. Oh by the way I could say the same thing about 2015 (real) blue. And no I am not a Y.J. parent
Please note that we have taken the High School team discussions onto the Girls High School Varsity Spring 2012 thread for continuation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJs are not known as "2015 (real) blue"; it is 2015 Blue "A", as opposed to 2015 Blue "B".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
call it blue a, blue b, if it makes you feel better about your daughter. in the greater lax world there is only 1 2015 blue. i prefer " real blue" and "that other blue"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
call it blue a, blue b, if it makes you feel better about your daughter. in the greater lax world there is only 1 2015 blue. i prefer " real blue" and "that other blue"

But some college coaches will be confused by the "two blues". Aint that a shame. That is the reality in the grater lacrosse world. And I am sure it makes you real, real mad that there are two 2015 blue teams (no real difference between the two, IMO) and you are going to have to explain it every time someone asks.

You must sound real polished, saying "But my daughter is on the REAL blue team, I swear."

I hope when you explain it, it makes you feel better about your daughter, and yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But some college coaches will be confused by the "two blues". Aint that a shame. That is the reality in the grater lacrosse world. And I am sure it makes you real, real mad that there are two 2015 blue teams (no real difference between the two, IMO) and you are going to have to explain it every time someone asks.

You must sound real polished, saying "But my daughter is on the REAL blue team, I swear."

I hope when you explain it, it makes you feel better about your daughter, and yourself.

Believe me there is a big difference between both blue teams in 2014 and 2015...IMO

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be kidding about ESM best goalie ! She was good when she was younger but others have surpassed her in height/skill.Don't be fooled !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be kidding about ESM best goalie ! She was good when she was younger but others have surpassed her in height/skill.Don't be fooled !

Who is better?? The GC goalie graduated! The Floyed goalie is excellent too. who else? You are saying she was better in 7th grade when she was All L.I. Because other kids got taller she is somehow not as good? lol She is an excellent goalie whatever her height may be!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the G.C. goalie is excellent, but I agree hight does not matter as much as it use to

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i understand your questioning the blue/gold change. Maybe you should also think about the girls who hear the crap you spout. You should be the poster child for sterlization. Hope you have no children and if you do i feel sorry for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe me there is a big difference between both blue teams in 2014 and 2015...IMO

yeah the 2015 can kick the crap out of 2014. yes Yj

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what makes you say that? Have they ever played each other? Pretty immature statement if you are a YJ parent. YJ is an organization/family and I dont think any of the kids on either team spend anytime thinking about who would win if they played each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what makes you say that? Have they ever played each other? Pretty immature statement if you are a YJ parent. YJ is an organization/family and I dont think any of the kids on either team spend anytime thinking about who would win if they played each other.
This is the funniest joke I ever heard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the kids are competitive they will want to challenge themselves against anybody. Just because they are friends that doesn't mean they can't play each other with respect.I actually think it would be a great game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the kids are competitive they will want to challenge themselves against anybody. Just because they are friends that doesn't mean they can't play each other with respect.I actually think it would be a great game.

did not say they would not play each other with respect-unlike the crazy parents they are not wasting time thinking about it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your trying to tell me that even though most of the rosters stay 75 to 80% unchanged from year to year, that some how last years gold team could possibly compete with last years blue team. And please don't tell me the girls don't think about that, they absolutely do. last year every girl on gold wanted to be on blue , and every girl on green wanted to be on gold etc... even this year go ask a girl on blue b if she want to play on blue A .and if there wasn't a difference in the level of play why aren't there just 4 blue teams now, why are there gold teams at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think what he meant is that the original blue team in both years are largely better than the new blue teams.

But is it really necessary to talk smack against any team, let alone one that is part of your own organization?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your trying to tell me that even though most of the rosters stay 75 to 80% unchanged from year to year, that some how last years gold team could possibly compete with last years blue team. And please don't tell me the girls don't think about that, they absolutely do. last year every girl on gold wanted to be on blue , and every girl on green wanted to be on gold etc... even this year go ask a girl on blue b if she want to play on blue A .and if there wasn't a difference in the level of play why aren't there just 4 blue teams now, why are there gold teams at all

not sure what you are ranting about-but the statement was about the 2015 blue vs the 2014 blue-real blue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not sure what you are ranting about-but the statement was about the 2015 blue vs the 2014 blue-real blue.

There are two "real blue" teams in both of those years. That fact must be killing you inside.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, the comment was that the 2015 blue and 2014 blue teams are better than their blue "b" teams. They don't think about playing each other it's not necessary

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you talking about the 2015 other blue, 2nd team, light blue, B team, or the 2015 real blue, 1st team dark blue A team? I have heard people refer to the teams by all these names. It is so confusing this two blue team stuff. She should have left well enough alone, gold was happy being gold, this has caused nothing but bad feelings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hello....go back and read the post. the post said the 2015 blue (real blue) can kick the crap out of the 2014 blue, (the real blue). thats right the younger 'A' kids can beat the older 'A' kids .... and I think I agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hello....go back and read the post. the post said the 2015 blue (real blue) can kick the crap out of the 2014 blue, (the real blue). thats right the younger 'A' kids can beat the older 'A' kids .... and I think I agree

maybe -maybe not!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely, the 2014 real blue team doesn't work together and it causes them to lose games and nt be the team they should be. The 2015 blue team on the other hand is all together and a combination of good camaraderie, great coaching and excellent players will put them at the top of their game. I want to see them play 2013 blue next

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely, the 2014 real blue team doesn't work together and it causes them to lose games and nt be the team they should be. The 2015 blue team on the other hand is all together and a combination of good camaraderie, great coaching and excellent players will put them at the top of their game. I want to see them play 2013 blue next

That is all true, but if 2014 plays their best game they will win. They have great individual players on that team. 2015 may have a tough time matching up.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

That is all true, but if 2014 plays their best game they will win. They have great individual players on that team. 2015 may have a tough time matching up.

I think the point was that 2015 plays as a team and that's what makes them so formidable. IMNSHO, teamwork > individuals every time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I think the point was that 2015 plays as a team and that's what makes them so formidable. IMNSHO, teamwork > individuals every time.

Yes and I agree with that.The point was if 2014 plays their best "team" game they will probably win because they are very talented and a little bigger and stronger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parents etc. please stop replying to the fake yj parents who are on here trying to stir the pot.Most if not all yj parents understand the 2 blue teams and the so called pecking order betwwen all the teams.I have spoken to many parents with children who were on the gold teams last year who have now been converted to blue and they would have been just as happy to be called gold again, makes little difference to them.That being said there are some age groups that the so called blue 2 teams are working their butts off while the blue 1 teams are do little team work at all so we will see if the gap gets closed during the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they haven't played there best team game in two years. bunch of ball hogs , individuals. 2015 will win big.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they haven't played there best team game in two years. bunch of ball hogs , individuals. 2015 will win big.

They have some ball hogs but there are a lot of great players who are not ball hogs too. 2015 might win but not big!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and the point is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your not paying attention are you... page up and read... then you might get the point. oh boy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are correct , the 2014 blue are Ball Hogs, but why?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
YJ parents etc. please stop replying to the fake yj parents who are on here trying to stir the pot.Most if not all yj parents understand the 2 blue teams and the so called pecking order betwwen all the teams.I have spoken to many parents with children who were on the gold teams last year who have now been converted to blue and they would have been just as happy to be called gold again, makes little difference to them.That being said there are some age groups that the so called blue 2 teams are working their butts off while the blue 1 teams are do little team work at all so we will see if the gap gets closed during the season.
do you know why she changed the system?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how do coaches let the girls get away with this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only familiar with some of the younger travel teams in which I have yet to see any travel program with a coach willing to attempt having the girls play unselfishly most of the younger girls games are dominated by a few girls who refuse to pass the ball .

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 327 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard