BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 327 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulation to the 2 Yellow Jackets goalie that played at Nike Elite 120 camp, Maggie Fried came in first place in the 2014 class with 54 save. Kaitlyn Leahy came in third place in the 2013 class with 46 save. WELL DONE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How old are you? FEAR THE BEE? I sounds stupid coming from a kid let alone an adult.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congratulation to the 2 Yellow Jackets goalie that played at Nike Elite 120 camp, Maggie Fried came in first place in the 2014 class with 54 save. Kaitlyn Leahy came in third place in the 2013 class with 46 save. WELL DONE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!

How was this camp? Many coaches? Did the coaches that were advertised as coming actually show and spend time? Would you recommend it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not the original poster on the Elite 120 goalies (they did a fantastic job) but my daughter also attended. My opinion is if you get invited you should attend. There were so many college coaches that watched game after game. My daughter found it to a lot of fun playing with girls from M&D,Sky Walkers, Cardinals all teams she will be playing this summer. There was an enormous amount of exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do they have winning records ? I don't know. maybe because they have the best players

well its definately not the coaching.... must be the better players

They have a larger pool of players that play there. Liberty has better training.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do they have winning records ? I don't know. maybe because they have the best players

They have a larger pool of players that play there. Liberty has better training.

That is a a general statement regarding training. I would bet that most of the YJ parents would disagree with you. I for one love the training my kid gets. If the training is that much better at Liberty I think you would see it translate to the field. Are the YJ kids just much better athletes? Prob not! It is probably because of the training they get and their work ethic. Stop with the club comparisons. If you are happy then enjoy your club!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a a general statement regarding training. I would bet that most of the YJ parents would disagree with you. I for one love the training my kid gets. If the training is that much better at Liberty I think you would see it translate to the field. Are the YJ kids just much better athletes? Prob not! It is probably because of the training they get and their work ethic. Stop with the club comparisons. If you are happy then enjoy your club!

Amen to that!!! Enough already with these silly comparisons.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Amen to that!!! Enough already with these silly comparisons.
I like Liberty, you like Yellow Jackets, I think there the 2 best girls programs on Long Island. We'll see each other this summer, so lets just hope for really exciting games, regardless of who wins. Good luck to your girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No offense top guns has already passed liberty and now has yj in their sights

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns has DONE NOTHING. They have a LONG road ahead of them. They cant even beat town teams in winter league.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true that, top guns is having trouble beating some indoor school teams as it is, at least at the younger levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which age groups do you believe liberty top team is actually better then top guns top team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which age groups do you believe liberty top team is actually better then top guns top team

Liberty 2014's are better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all of them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No offense top guns has already passed liberty and now has yj in their sights

keep dreaming, Top Guns is not a bad program, but Liberty is definitely better, and Jackets is better than both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Wave 2014's can beat Liberty,YJ, and Top Guns.
I have seen them play. Very solid team!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ is declining. The 2017 is full of mediocre athletes
buying into the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

true, very solid team, but not on level of other three.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i disagree....lets hope they meet up this summer. i think you will be surprised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who? Never saw them at any of the tournaments. Pretty bold statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is how I see it. YJ's are the elite and teams to beat. Liberty have been around awhile and are a step below, and yes, solid. Some of the topgun teams are very solid but not all. I will say that topguns are new and have momentum as they grow and gain strength. It will be interesting to see where they are in 4 or 5 years from now, as far as all age groups are concerned.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I think it will be interested to see how the new YJ structure with two blue teams per age level shakes out. Did they dilute the blue or not? <resisting the urge for a "true blue" pun>

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true, I have seen teams look so good until they hit elite competition. You never truely know what a team is until they win a few tournaments versus the very top teams in an age group. Maybe the wave team has, I don't know, but like someone else had commented, I have not seen them win any major tournaments, but then I don't follow all age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

buying into the program.

Your Kidding!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

buying into the program.

Your Kidding!!!!! LOL!!!!!

That's hilarious! That must be why the 2017 yj blue team won every tournament they entered last summer. A lot of these girls play 2 or 3 other sports at a high level. In a few years they will probably be at the same level the 2015 blue team is now. The only thing mediocre is your thought process.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

So true, I have seen teams look so good until they hit elite competition. You never truely know what a team is until they win a few tournaments versus the very top teams in an age group. Maybe the wave team has, I don't know, but like someone else had commented, I have not seen them win any major tournaments, but then I don't follow all age groups.
I know they were at the tourney in Jersey in November. I don't know how well they did though. Didn't hear anything about them being dominant, or beating anyone. I watched one of there games and they were o.k. Nice gig for the girls over at that club, once your, in your in, no tryouts. They don't sound like much of a threat if they don't keep trying to improve there squads though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wave is a joke!!! Nice try

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
take 3 or 4 girls off the 15 blue team and they are mediocre at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

mediocre at best???? That is such a rediculous statement! That team is loaded! Granted like any team there will be a few kids who are a little better, but the drop off on that team is minimal. I have seen them play in the indoor without 7 or 8 of their top kids and give Garden City and Northport a run for their money. You should check that team out again, you probably will change your mind. BTW who don't you think is replaceable on that team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

mediocre at best???? That is such a rediculous statement! That team is loaded! Granted like any team there will be a few kids who are a little better, but the drop off on that team is minimal. I have seen them play in the indoor without 7 or 8 of their top kids and give Garden City and Northport a run for their money. You should check that team out again, you probably will change your mind. BTW who don't you think is replaceable on that team?

Now I know you are stirring the pot with the mediocre comment. You must be talking about the 2015 Top Gun team. Maybe you are on wrong thread?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wrong again, not stirring pot, not topgun, just call them as I and others see them. get your head out of your YJ butt, and have open mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry not from YJ either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wrong again, not stirring pot, not topgun, just call them as I and others see them. get your head out of your YJ butt, and have open mind.

What girls are irreplacable? There are great girls throughout the roster. You must not have seen them play too much if you can call everyone but 3 or 4 kids mediocre!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sad part would be that those 3-4 girls must be so much better then any of the girls on the other travel teams if that statement were true.what does that tell you about the best players on the other travel teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just popped on the Wave link from this website (bottom right). They have girl's commiting to some impressive schools, most notable two going to NorthWestern. Don't know the program well but they must be doing something right to get multiple girls going to the pinicle of Women's D1 lacrosse schools. Good for them, and YJ parents try to show some class and give credit where credit is due.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bottom line,, take those 3 or 4 off YJ, all LI teams that age are equal. actually I can name 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They play in a winter varsity league with maybe one sub, meaning half of their team is not there each game and the only team they played to beat them was Garden City by a few goals. All of the other teams they beat handily. Again, only half of their team and all 9th graders playing Varsity teams like Hills, Smithtown, etc. This would not happen if they had a mediocre team. When they play full strength they are unbeatable especially in their age bracket

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bottom line,, take those 3 or 4 off YJ, all LI teams that age are equal. actually I can name 5

Which 3 or 4? I would bet the bottom 11 on that team would beat any other LI team!No disrespect to the other teams , but Don't disrespect the non-starters on that team. I have seen them play, they are VERY good! They are all D 1 caliber kids! There is no need to call them Mediocre. They definitely do not have all of the top 3 or 4 in the winter league and they are competing with all of the teams! I bet if took a poll of the top 3 or 4 you would get a lot of different opinions!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling a team unbeatable in their age group is such a joke, has this so called unbeatable team ever won a competitive tournament. Seems strange that all the other top travel teams have played each other at some point except this one.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Which 3 or 4? I would bet the bottom 11 on that team would beat any other LI team!No disrespect to the other teams , but Don't disrespect the non-starters on that team. I have seen them play, they are VERY good! They are all D 1 caliber kids! There is no need to call them Mediocre. They definitely do not have all of the top 3 or 4 in the winter league and they are competing with all of the teams! I bet if took a poll of the top 3 or 4 you would get a lot of different opinions!
The same age group at liberty played G.C. varsity 2 weeks ago and also lost by I think 4 goals, (That Garden City team is unbelievable, without question, best in the country). So hopefully when the two meet at tourney it will be a good game

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 327 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard