BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]The boy on our team ( looneys) is going to be fine. Thank god as it was scary.
As far as the Crush banter , we unlike many other clubs try to play every tournament they are in? Our boys have formed a friendship and a mutual respect with Crush we even shared a tailgate yesterday. In addition I know the Rising Sons have also done things with Crush and the boys are friends. The one common denominator here is the Crush bashing from express daddies. We have played Crush countless times and they have beaten us different ways and we are a top 2020. Personally wish it was as easy as stopping 3kids my reply to that is which three on which day as we have seen 34 22 29 2 12 99 they move the ball like a college team. The boys and parents are good people and even though were from Maryland the kids could be teammates someday. Keep it class LI (ex) when you can not beat a team which no team in their grade ever has we result to this, well I guess money can't buy everything

Coach...I don't think my kid is to much into partying with a team that always keeps beating us up. Maybe you should schedule a weekend where you play the Crush 5 times over the weekend this way it would be cheaper for you and then you can enter other tournaments that your team can win at. Telling your kids they have no chance before the game starts each tournament isn't fun. Have you tried different ways to beat them. You should be able to figure it out at least once. Try not to keep playing second fiddle to them. It doesn't help your kids. Schedule a second meeting with them in August so your team can play them 5 more times over a weekend and see where you stand but entering every tournament they are in sounds like you enjoy being their punching bag. I assume your the coach since you study their numbers and hang out with them all the time

What a smart [lacrosse] response. People like you give LI a bad name. Sore loser and a wise [lacrosse]. All the guy was saying is his experience and philosophy of coaching is different then yours. Apparently, that makes him wrong and you right. If crush is the best right now, the only way to make your team better is by playing better competition. We learn from practice and mistakes. If the kids are friendly, there are no bad feelings. You think the kids at St Ants and Chaminade aren't friends? Yet they go at it with one another on the field. Ever since my son was young, his coach had his team try and play up to give them experience. Some times it was not fun, but it certainly made them stronger, smarter players. May not be your philosophy, but others believe it to work. GL to you and your team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's set the record straight concerning the 91 Titanium vs Looneys game. BOTH teams were aggressive that game and BOTH sets of parents were acting inappropriate. I was there as well and have a son on Titanium and the cursing accusations are completely opposite of what happened. In fact the Looneys coach was heard cursing at a 12 year old 91 player after his player hit him in the handshake line. Those 91 kids are respectful players who were involved in a game that could have been managed with proper officiating. My kid has welts all over from the slashes given by the Looneys kids. Their sticks were swinging quite wildly that day.
Several previous post begin with "sounds like". That means you didn't witness it yourself yet you feel it necessary to grab your torch and join the mob. That is ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The boy on our team ( looneys) is going to be fine. Thank god as it was scary.
As far as the Crush banter , we unlike many other clubs try to play every tournament they are in? Our boys have formed a friendship and a mutual respect with Crush we even shared a tailgate yesterday. In addition I know the Rising Sons have also done things with Crush and the boys are friends. The one common denominator here is the Crush bashing from express daddies. We have played Crush countless times and they have beaten us different ways and we are a top 2020. Personally wish it was as easy as stopping 3kids my reply to that is which three on which day as we have seen 34 22 29 2 12 99 they move the ball like a college team. The boys and parents are good people and even though were from Maryland the kids could be teammates someday. Keep it class LI (ex) when you can not beat a team which no team in their grade ever has we result to this, well I guess money can't buy everything

Coach...I don't think my kid is to much into partying with a team that always keeps beating us up. Maybe you should schedule a weekend where you play the Crush 5 times over the weekend this way it would be cheaper for you and then you can enter other tournaments that your team can win at. Telling your kids they have no chance before the game starts each tournament isn't fun. Have you tried different ways to beat them. You should be able to figure it out at least once. Try not to keep playing second fiddle to them. It doesn't help your kids. Schedule a second meeting with them in August so your team can play them 5 more times over a weekend and see where you stand but entering every tournament they are in sounds like you enjoy being their punching bag. I assume your the coach since you study their numbers and hang out with them all the time

What a smart [lacrosse] response. People like you give LI a bad name. Sore loser and a wise [lacrosse]. All the guy was saying is his experience and philosophy of coaching is different then yours. Apparently, that makes him wrong and you right. If crush is the best right now, the only way to make your team better is by playing better competition. We learn from practice and mistakes. If the kids are friendly, there are no bad feelings. You think the kids at St Ants and Chaminade aren't friends? Yet they go at it with one another on the field. Ever since my son was young, his coach had his team try and play up to give them experience. Some times it was not fun, but it certainly made them stronger, smarter players. May not be your philosophy, but others believe it to work. GL to you and your team.

I respect the Looneys. They are a very good team already, looking to get better. My kid's team played them and they are first class all the way. Forging a good relationship with the other top teams will only help the sport and the kids. Haters need to stop complaining and look for ways to help your kid improve!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's set the record straight concerning the 91 Titanium vs Looneys game. BOTH teams were aggressive that game and BOTH sets of parents were acting inappropriate. I was there as well and have a son on Titanium and the cursing accusations are completely opposite of what happened. In fact the Looneys coach was heard cursing at a 12 year old 91 player after his player hit him in the handshake line. Those 91 kids are respectful players who were involved in a game that could have been managed with proper officiating. My kid has welts all over from the slashes given by the Looneys kids. Their sticks were swinging quite wildly that day.
Several previous post begin with "sounds like". That means you didn't witness it yourself yet you feel it necessary to grab your torch and join the mob. That is ridiculous.

It's okay because the other parents acted poorly also? That is ridiculous. You readily admit that you and your fellow 91 Titanium parents acted inappropriately, but you justify it with a "they were bad too". You sound like a child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With respect to the Looney parent's post on the friendships developed between boys on their team and Crush; that's great and frankly exists between many of the teams. What's painful to see is this parent's need to then take a positive post and make a childish, derogatory swipe at another organization. These posts are all anonymous, so saying the only common denominator is Crush bashing from Express daddies, is pure speculation since you have no idea what parent, child, teammate, random poster, etc. made any of the comments. You are just part of the problem; feeding the negative stereotypes that saturates this site. You have the nerve to tell LI not to be classless? For the record, I think Crush is a phenomenal team and I'm not an Express Daddy. I just get so sick of individuals like you who are too naive to realize that you are acting like the very people you claim to be complaining about. Grow up!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me put the faceoff Middie and the big lefty attack man on the other top team and THEY become the best team . sorry to burst any bubbles of the other kids but those 2 kids make everything work. The other kids are good no doubt but they can't carry it like the 2 stars can and thats a fact. Play without them and let's see how it goes and don't say they have them on their team cause the other kid plays on another team too

When faceoffs midfielder plays on his other team Crush does just fine, not missing a beat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's okay because the other parents acted poorly also? That is ridiculous. You readily admit that you and your fellow 91 Titanium parents acted inappropriately, but you justify it with a "they were bad too". You sound like a child.

That's not what the post said. It simply balanced the hypocritical one way posts that used false accusations and vilified the Titanium parents and players. Sorry you couldn't see that. Btw the behavior of a few parents does not a culture make. As does the behavior of a few players does not damn an entire team. Relax with your broad generalizations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Were you at the game ? Certainly not. Yet you still comment. Go watch CNN and find some other senseless cause to jump on and drive away in your hybrid car with a "Think Globally, Act Locally" bumper sticker on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first time we encountered Crush parents we all said "who are these people"? Ever since it has always been more of the same. I doubt there is a parent out there who has shared the sideline with Crush who would say that their lacrosse experience has been enhanced as a result, quite the opposite. I've met other Team 91 parents who were very nice, and also somewhat embarrassed by Crush.

I hate to say this, but I have seen MANY teams from LI over the years and the parents/players/coaches are a different breed. It must be something about the lifestyle there because these people act very entitled and rude, not sure they even see it because I just think it is their culture. For the most part they seem very rough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first time we encountered Crush parents we all said "who are these people"? Ever since it has always been more of the same. I doubt there is a parent out there who has shared the sideline with Crush who would say that their lacrosse experience has been enhanced as a result, quite the opposite. I've met other Team 91 parents who were very nice, and also somewhat embarrassed by Crush.

I hate to say this, but I have seen MANY teams from LI over the years and the parents/players/coaches are a different breed. It must be something about the lifestyle there because these people act very entitled and rude, not sure they even see it because I just think it is their culture. For the most part they seem very rough.

I'm from Baltimore. Plenty of psychotic parents and coaches here too - as there are everywhere and in all sports

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me put the faceoff Middie and the big lefty attack man on the other top team and THEY become the best team . sorry to burst any bubbles of the other kids but those 2 kids make everything work. The other kids are good no doubt but they can't carry it like the 2 stars can and thats a fact. Play without them and let's see how it goes and don't say they have them on their team cause the other kid plays on another team too

When faceoffs midfielder plays on his other team Crush does just fine, not missing a beat

The point is that Crush has the 3-4 best lacrosse players in the 2020 age group. Nobody is disparaging the rest of the team, they are all very good too and could make/contribute on any of the other top teams. Those 3-4 impact players aren't going anywhere and until other teams catch up in size/strength Crush will continue to dominate. After Crush there are 4-5 teams that can all play great youth lacrosse and probably could beat one another on any given day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does, but it sounds like this classy Marylander is taking his hat off to what 91 has put together and done. Doesn't make his team any worse or yours, for that matter--both tops in the country it would seem for '2020. Again, I'm from LI and with fl$, no horse in the race. Hey, when Tiger Woods was running show in the golf world it wasn't because there were no other great golfers in the world he was just at his zenith and was tough to touch...

He was also on drugs at the time remember. Hasn't played the same since. Zenith ...Is that where the whole Crush team is?????or could it just be a few players who have matured before others have?. Think about it before you answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The point is that Crush has the 3-4 best lacrosse players in the 2020 age group. Nobody is disparaging the rest of the team, they are all very good too and could make/contribute on any of the other top teams. Those 3-4 impact players aren't going anywhere and until other teams catch up in size/strength Crush will continue to dominate. After Crush there are 4-5 teams that can all play great youth lacrosse and probably could beat one another on any given day.

What do you mean about "catch up"? Aren't all the boys growing? Crush boys same size as boys on other teams. Won't they all grow at about the same rate? Obviously some will wind up bigger than others, but you don't have to be big to be a great lacrosse player!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does, but it sounds like this classy Marylander is taking his hat off to what 91 has put together and done. Doesn't make his team any worse or yours, for that matter--both tops in the country it would seem for '2020. Again, I'm from LI and with fl$, no horse in the race. Hey, when Tiger Woods was running show in the golf world it wasn't because there were no other great golfers in the world he was just at his zenith and was tough to touch...

He was also on drugs at the time remember. Hasn't played the same since. Zenith ...Is that where the whole Crush team is?????or could it just be a few players who have matured before others have?. Think about it before you answer.

...and Tiger Woods was very easy to touch back then, did you see the picture of that Waffle House waitress who touched him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's called puberty..Maybe you missed that class

What do you mean about "catch up"? Aren't all the boys growing? Crush boys same size as boys on other teams. Won't they all grow at about the same rate? Obviously some will wind up bigger than others, but you don't have to be big to be a great lacrosse player!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously not just size/strength but speed, quickness, agility, vision and balance all will come into play. Top players are all tremendous athletes in addition to lacrosse skills. Will the Crush kids become those types of athletes as they mature? Undoubtedly some, maybe most, will but some won't. And if other teams surpass them in athletic terms and continue to improve lacrosse skills and intelligence, Crush will not be as dominant. They are way ahead of the curve at this point. It will be interesting to see if they can stay ahead as the years progress.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously not just size/strength but speed, quickness, agility, vision and balance all will come into play. Top players are all tremendous athletes in addition to lacrosse skills. Will the Crush kids become those types of athletes as they mature? Undoubtedly some, maybe most, will but some won't. And if other teams surpass them in athletic terms and continue to improve lacrosse skills and intelligence, Crush will not be as dominant. They are way ahead of the curve at this point. It will be interesting to see if they can stay ahead as the years progress.

They will stay on top by recruiting the top players. Most of the Crush players were cherry picked from other clubs, some are shared. If a kid is not cutting it or growing, they will be dropped to Titanium. That is the model.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will stay on top by recruiting the top players. Most of the Crush players were cherry picked from other clubs, some are shared. If a kid is not cutting it or growing, they will be dropped to Titanium. That is the model.

Maybe that is why the Titanium parents/players/coaches are so angry!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Btw all the hits you are talking about were clean hits and no flags were thrown. One thing for sure when you come play 91 titanium you better buckle your chin strap they are going to hit you and try to line you up. there coach teaches hardcore nose to the ground lacrosse...and yes you keep bringing up they got this kid from that team that kid from this team. there coach is getting calls from kids on different teams every week and will continue to build a formidable team.. there is no doubt after the season 91 titanium has had they will continue to get better players and be one of the elite teams REAL SOON IF NOT ALREADY!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No loyalty with them. Can understand year to year changes in players but players unhappy with Crush playing time show up mid season and players there all year get reduced playing time. Perfect example was this weekend. Who were the two Titanium players with light blue helmets? Crush players wearing town helmets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a moron, there were 2 locked in penalties during the Sons game. Be happy that you upset the Sons and made the semi's. Buckle up?? Are you serious?? 91 Titanium dad looking in the mirror with his shirt off as he rehearses what he is going to type on this site. Bahahahaha.
Btw all the hits you are talking about were clean hits and no flags were thrown. One thing for sure when you come play 91 titanium you better buckle your chin strap they are going to hit you and try to line you up. there coach teaches hardcore nose to the ground lacrosse...and yes you keep bringing up they got this kid from that team that kid from this team. there coach is getting calls from kids on different teams every week and will continue to build a formidable team.. there is no doubt after the season 91 titanium has had they will continue to get better players and be one of the elite teams REAL SOON IF NOT ALREADY!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wrong an express terps kid and garden city kid..get your facts straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they had looneys 3 to 2 with 6 mins left. get your facts straight if not for that kid getting hurt and delaying the game 40 mins they would of made it to the finals against 91 crush. AGAIN GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What a moron, there were 2 locked in penalties during the Sons game. Be happy that you upset the Sons and made the semi's. Buckle up?? Are you serious?? 91 Titanium dad looking in the mirror with his shirt off as he rehearses what he is going to type on this site. Bahahahaha. [quote=Anonymous]

So good can't just picture a 5'4" goomba flexing in mirror not an athletic bone in his body

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the same Titanium team that was totally out of control at the end of the game vs Looneys at NXT ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wrong an express terps kid and garden city kid..get your facts straight.

what prior post is this quote in reference to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No loyalty with them. Can understand year to year changes in players but players unhappy with Crush playing time show up mid season and players there all year get reduced playing time. Perfect example was this weekend. Who were the two Titanium players with light blue helmets? Crush players wearing town helmets? [/quote]

Yes, both the six foot attackman and the f/o middie were crush players and I believe they both had light blue helmets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the same Titanium team that was totally out of control at the end of the game vs Looneys at NXT ?

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No loyalty with them. Can understand year to year changes in players but players unhappy with Crush playing time show up mid season and players there all year get reduced playing time. Perfect example was this weekend. Who were the two Titanium players with light blue helmets? Crush players wearing town helmets?

Yes, both the six foot attackman and the f/o middie were crush players and I believe they both had light blue helmets [/quote]
The above average size attackman is from GC. GC will be making a big push to keep their kids together next year as 7th graders. They bring the varsity coach to tell the parents that he'd rather they don't play for outside travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neither light blue helmet was a Crush kid Only face off kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now that we've beaten this to death would anyone be willing to rank the LI 2020 teams based on results so far?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush has played without several of their so called "key players". Still, they won. The team works hard together. The Team wins Tourneys together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, I'm confused! I thought crush F/O kid permanently left that team and is now a member of titanium, while crush waisted no time repacing him. Is this correct? Anyone know why he left? I heard it was playing time but that makes no sense because he still splits time and new crush kid gets a ton.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a moron, there were 2 locked in penalties during the Sons game. Be happy that you upset the Sons and made the semi's. Buckle up?? Are you serious?? 91 Titanium dad looking in the mirror with his shirt off as he rehearses what he is going to type on this site. Bahahahaha.

Time for the coach to watch the pros instead of teaching his kids to hit and "line you up" …"hard core nose to the ground lacrosse" is not lacrosse - it is a strategy used by teams with no stick skills or finesse. Additionally, it causes untold unnecessary injuries to other players which I am sure this coach also does not care about. Another brilliant coach setting an example and making LI look bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, I'm confused! I thought crush F/O kid permanently left that team and is now a member of titanium, while crush waisted no time repacing him. Is this correct? Anyone know why he left? I heard it was playing time but that makes no sense because he still splits time and new crush kid gets a ton.

And new Crush F/O kid cane from Legacy? Does anyone believe in loyalty anymore?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush has played without several of their so called "key players". Still, they won. The team works hard together. The Team wins Tourneys together.

this is just not true...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New F/O kid from Smithtown, left Legacy2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this is just not true...

What's not true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great , a player who left 4 teams in 2 years hope he doesn't run out of options at 13

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New F/O kid from Smithtown, left Legacy2

The grass isn't always greener, I mean Orange

Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard