BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
just jumping in. totally unbiased. no kid on either team. the game was very competitive and close. express was clearly the more physical team and had a couple of midfielders who were tough as nails. crush had the lefty attack, period. every trick and play crush threw at express was met with a tough hit or double. by my count crush had 3 man up goals and the rest was the attack kid. crush usually runs teams off the field but express matched that speed with those midfielders. crush is still the heavyweight champ but express is closing the gap. better hope that attack kid doesn't leave for duke or carolina too early!

Competitive and close? Winning by 5 goals is not a close game. Lefty attack always good, but not his best game. Express had lots oftrouble gaining possession as well

Not his best? He scored 6 of your team's 10 goals...

Ask JS this, would he enter his almighty Crush team into a tournament without the Lefty Attackman? What do the rest of the Crush mommies and daddies think?

I personally think he is one of, if not the best 2020 kids out there. He works hard and it shows.

Lets be honest thetop 10-15 Best 2020 kids in the country were probably on that field. as far as the hard work pays off remark, they all work hard.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sp you want 2002 kids to play against 2000 kids. You are still a moron!! What team are you affiliated with?

So long as those kids are of a comparable skill level and are born after 8/31 and the 2002 kids are born before 8/31. Not perfect but it's what they have given us to work with.

Trying to translate grade-based teams to age-based tournaments opens up a huge loophole for things like this to happen and ruins the tournament experience for many of the teams. This tournament is already over for Rising Stars, Wild Wings, and Cannons Select. Aggregate score - Terps 50, the other three, 7.

This is no different than Crush going out of state and demolishing all of the little town teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys and Crabs are not in Summer Sizzle. To the rude Express parent who is calling others "idiot" on this forum (again showing your true colors), LOOK at the schedule that came out awhile ago. You say your team is so great but are not willing to play in U13 A - in an AGE BASED tournament. The teams in U13A are some pure 2020 teams (6th grade just like you and not out here on forums bragging that they are right behind Crush in skill) and some mixed 6th & 7th grade teams and perhaps a handful of pure 7th grade teams who you should be able to handle as you are so good. Have fun running up the scores in pursuit of your Championship. You will be the ones embarassed when the scores are posted- the rest of the community already knows the truth. A true Champion plays competitively. One team in Maryland is known for holdbacks -plenty more here on the Island have holdbacks so stop with the old argument and play your team where it belongs.

Not sure what you are looking at. Please let us know the 2020 Teams playing in the U13 A division at this tournament and explain to us why you are playing in the same division as your B team at NXT?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TRUCE!!! Let's move on please!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok enough with legacy tournanent. How does titanium stack up against crush this weekend at NXT? They should see each other in the playoffs.
Crush loses one game to an older Mass. team, so they replace their f/o kid with one borrowed from Legacy. Then they drop to 2020 ato face their own B team at NXT. I guess that loss really rocked them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have been misinformed, there are 4 kids on 2019 that are hold backs, that's it. #7 or 8 Middie. # 3 D pole an LSM and a goalie. Big program, big footprint. Good athletes, several that play Lax as second or third sport. No 15 year olds. Teams are selected from large pool for each tournament, they run a couple of plays, no set lines. Only one coach on sideline ,different coach each week. They have fun and enjoy each other's company.
To pit 13 yr olds against one another the way people talk about the crush/dd/wolves with no predictability to future outcome is lunacy.
I have seen first hand these overbearing parents ruin kid's lives. And frankly, this game is exploding, there are kids playing in states that have kids fill SEC football rosters. These coaching are starting to sniff in these places. Plus you get a coachable athlete without the screaming L I parent baggage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't attack a team for playing their own age group in travel. Playing up is a rarity that can not be done Every week. B team playing A is their choice probably not a very good one either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't attack a team for playing their own age group in travel. Playing up is a rarity that can not be done Every week. B team playing A is their choice probably not a very good one either

I am pretty sure that Titanium will not be in the finals, just saying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They only have one very tough game in pool play, so they should make the final 4. Evolve and BBL are not very strong, and Team LI is certainly beatable.
Rising Sons will be tough in their last game. They should be at least 3-1 in pool play.
I bet they end up playing Crush in the semis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you Crush lovers.... Take away ONE attack kid and ONE faceoff kid and that team is average at best. C'mon now give it a rest already.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Titanium is one of the top 6 2020 teams on Long Island and rightfully plays in A brackets in most tournaments. If you want to say 91 shouldn't send Crush and Titanium to the same tournament that is fair but Titanium is properly placed. Another question on division placement is the Outlaws Black. They are on par with the Jesters who are in the B bracket and are clearly weaker than the Crush, Titanium and Team Long Island not to mention Bucks, Looneys and Mesa Fever. In the B bracket they would be contenders. In the A bracket they are cannon fodder. I just hope the players don't get too demoralized from being improperly placed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have been misinformed, there are 4 kids on 2019 that are hold backs, that's it. #7 or 8 Middie. # 3 D pole an LSM and a goalie. Big program, big footprint. Good athletes, several that play Lax as second or third sport. No 15 year olds. Teams are selected from large pool for each tournament, they run a couple of plays, no set lines. Only one coach on sideline ,different coach each week. They have fun and enjoy each other's company.
To pit 13 yr olds against one another the way people talk about the crush/dd/wolves with no predictability to future outcome is lunacy.
I have seen first hand these overbearing parents ruin kid's lives. And frankly, this game is exploding, there are kids playing in states that have kids fill SEC football rosters. These coaching are starting to sniff in these places. Plus you get a coachable athlete without the screaming L I parent baggage.

Please clarify what team are you talking about... 91 2019 laxachusettes 2091??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Titanium is one of the top 6 2020 teams on Long Island and rightfully plays in A brackets in most tournaments. If you want to say 91 shouldn't send Crush and Titanium to the same tournament that is fair but Titanium is properly placed. Another question on division placement is the Outlaws Black. They are on par with the Jesters who are in the B bracket and are clearly weaker than the Crush, Titanium and Team Long Island not to mention Bucks, Looneys and Mesa Fever. In the B bracket they would be contenders. In the A bracket they are cannon fodder. I just hope the players don't get too demoralized from being improperly placed.

They are getting better for sure...How many Ex-Crush kids are now on this team? Any more come over this week after sitting the bench this past weekend. It must be nice for them to finally see the field and contribute to the teams successes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 5th grade that he repeated. To take him from a projected 2019 graduation date to a projected 2020 date. MAGIC!!!
I watched the two crush kids/ dune dogs kids switch jerseys and play 6 games today. Pick a team and stay with it. Which team are you gonna play play for. Don't act like you are playing up because you repeated 4 grade!!!! Make a commitment and move forward

that is an outright LIE these boys did not repeat fourth grade. Please remember you are attacking CHILDREN WHO CHOOSE TO PLAY THEIR SPORT WITH PASSION!!!
Perhaps you're just jealous that your kid can't hang with boys like that.

Again, LIE!
Neither of those boys repeated a grade! The face-off kid likely belongs in 2019, but only by a few days, look at his size. He is small and will be lucky to break 5'5". If his parents decided before he went into kindergarten to hold him because of a close cut off birthday that is their proogitive.
This is why AGE based tournaments are important!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Titanium coach screams at the kids too much. Would not want my son around that type of negative coaching. Hard to watch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah really ?? Great guy, great coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is loud but a very good coach, I think the results speak for themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is loud but a very good coach, I think the results speak for themselves.

Where do they practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad someone spoke up. Not sure where the [lacrosse] people get their information. Now move on....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Titanium coach screams at the kids too much. Would not want my son around that type of negative coaching. Hard to watch!

Although your opinion is respected , please don't mistake yelling plays and direction from the sideline , screaming at kid in a negative way. He doesn't put his kids down or make them feel like they failed. In my opinion he's one of the best coaches I've seen in youth lacrosse. My kid is fortunate to have him as his coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel exactly the same way. My son loves him. He respects him. He never puts the kids down. He builds their confidence. He is fun but firm. They have a great time but teaches. That is what is all about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel exactly the same way. My son loves him. He respects him. He never puts the kids down. He builds their confidence. He is fun but firm. They have a great time but teaches. That is what is all about.

Where does the team practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The approximate DOB is correct, late 2001, so he technically should be 2019. Had the parents chosen to start him late it would have been their prerogative. They didn't. They chose to have him repeat 5th grade so that he would be eligible to play with 2020 CRUSH and arguably get the best coaching/training available to any kid. No problem here, parents choosing what they feel is the best path for their talented son. The problems arise when ill-informed CRUSH mommies and daddies deny that their team has hold-backs and red-shirts just like their competitors. Stop being hypocritical and blaming comparitive age every time you fail to blow an opponent out by what you benchwarmer parents deem to be a sufficient amount. Yes he's talented. Yes he's a great kid. Yes he is U12 age eligible. Yes he red-shirted 5th grade.
It was 5th grade that he repeated. To take him from a projected 2019 graduation date to a projected 2020 date. MAGIC!!!
I watched the two crush kids/ dune dogs kids switch jerseys and play 6 games today. Pick a team and stay with it. Which team are you gonna play play for. Don't act like you are playing up because you repeated 4 grade!!!! Make a commitment and move forward

that is an outright LIE these boys did not repeat fourth grade. Please remember you are attacking CHILDREN WHO CHOOSE TO PLAY THEIR SPORT WITH PASSION!!!

Again, LIE!
Neither of those boys repeated a grade! The face-off kid likely belongs in 2019, but only by a few days, look at his size. He is small and will be lucky to break 5'5". If his parents decided before he went into kindergarten to hold him because of a close cut off birthday that is their proogitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The approximate DOB is correct, late 2001, so he technically should be 2019. Had the parents chosen to start him late it would have been their prerogative. They didn't. They chose to have him repeat 5th grade so that he would be eligible to play with 2020 CRUSH and arguably get the best coaching/training available to any kid. No problem here, parents choosing what they feel is the best path for their talented son. The problems arise when ill-informed CRUSH mommies and daddies deny that their team has hold-backs and red-shirts just like their competitors. Stop being hypocritical and blaming comparitive age every time you fail to blow an opponent out by what you benchwarmer parents deem to be a sufficient amount. Yes he's talented. Yes he's a great kid. Yes he is U12 age eligible. Yes he red-shirted 5th grade.

Again, LIE!

Okay- do not really care one way or another- but isn't there a big difference between one kid held back by days and a team with over a handful of kids held back 1-2 years. Even if a MA or PA, MD kid gets held back one year- they can be feasibly 18 mo- 2 years older than the youngest LI 2020 kid, just because of different school start dates, making playing a 2019 team dangerous in some ways. It sucks to be a team that cannot find a fit- they play 2020 tourneys they have less competition. They play 2019, they may have a safety issue. Their players are small for 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay- do not really care one way or another- but isn't there a big difference between one kid held back by days and a team with over a handful of kids held back 1-2 years. Even if a MA or PA, MD kid gets held back one year- they can be feasibly 18 mo- 2 years older than the youngest LI 2020 kid, just because of different school start dates, making playing a 2019 team dangerous in some ways. It sucks to be a team that cannot find a fit- they play 2020 tourneys they have less competition. They play 2019, they may have a safety issue. Their players are small for 2020.

Every 2020 team is in the same position - Crush kids are no smaller than their counterparts on other 2020 teams. Except for the handful of teams (equally represented by LI, MD an PA) who make it their goal to have an inordinate amount of holdbacks, every good 2020 team is dealing with the same problem of being at the younger end of the age bracket and looking for competition without encountering huge size differences as their kids have not yet hit puberty while those at the upper end of the bracket have. Believe it or not, Crush is not the center of the 2020 universe - we all acknowledge they are currently the most skilled team but enough of the drama about how they are really even better because they are smaller, younger etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush parents, and coaches have been doing this for years. Priding themselves on how they are above all other 2020 teams. They should be. Facts are facts,kids that are a whole year older(not days or months as these people are claiming)should play better. Parents who hold their kids back strictly to have the sports advantage think they are fooling everyone. We are on to their game. Sure these kids stand out now amongst those who are a year or more younger but they will all eventually catch-up. My advise, watch these hold backs when they play with kids the same age as them on the other teams they are "dedicated" to. Difficult to stand out as a "star" player when you are mixed in amongst those your own age. I bet Crush wouldn't get such a bad rep if they wouldn't be so quick to call others out on the exact same thing they do on their own team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush parents, and coaches have been doing this for years. Priding themselves on how they are above all other 2020 teams. They should be. Facts are facts,kids that are a whole year older(not days or months as these people are claiming)should play better. Parents who hold their kids back strictly to have the sports advantage think they are fooling everyone. We are on to their game. Sure these kids stand out now amongst those who are a year or more younger but they will all eventually catch-up. My advise, watch these hold backs when they play with kids the same age as them on the other teams they are "dedicated" to. Difficult to stand out as a "star" player when you are mixed in amongst those your own age. I bet Crush wouldn't get such a bad rep if they wouldn't be so quick to call others out on the exact same thing they do on their own team.

no dog in this fight. but didn't they just play a lot of U11? that makes them at least the right age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush kids are the right age for their year. Look it up you butthead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the [lacrosse] do you know? And where do you get your information [lacrosse]hole? Maybe if you did your research off the Back of the Cage you would realize these kids other than the young one, are the age they should be. So stupid. Find a hobby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Josh (Titanium coach) is a great coach who makes the game fun while teaching the kids discipline and increasing the boys lax IQ. His yelling is informative and not negative. He is BY FAR the best travel coach our son has ever had.
Nice try to the [lacrosse] stirrer posting the previous post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, U11 in Dec2013/Jan2014, according to the National's rules. With Birth Certificates. And Real ones too! People are looking for something to talk about. Food for thought-Boston Lax, you should go to Nationals. Let's see how you do. Would be interesting. Would love to see those boys play age. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say, I agree. We are Not on the team, but I have watched. We are within the organization. Titanium Coach yells no more than any other coach, and did not seem to cross the line. How about taking up fishing? Knitting? I come on here to read your bozo comments and feel entertained. You obviously come on here to stir [lacrosse] up. Find a hobby

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another Crush parent with an adolescent response. Keep proving what your about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another Crush parent with an adolescent response. Keep proving what your about.

Or maybe you spend a lot of time thinking you are posting to adults but instead you are arguing with children- the ones that know their real ages and know they just qualified U11 this past December and they are tired of people tearing them apart. Maybe every team should have rosters posted because right now Express and Crush are the only 2020 teams that we know qualified in Dec making their pkayers all age appropriate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every 2020 team just played alot of U11- they were all in U11 last year. And there were quite a few others invited to Nationals in addition to Express and 2020 who simply chose not to go - not every parent of an 11 yo feels that an expensive trip to Nationals is in their best interest in the grand scheme of things. Depending on the tournament, you get the first, second and third place getting invites - our town team got invited as U11s and they are not National material. Going to Nationals is a choice. Again, Crush is a great team but enough with trying to make yourselfs look even better - your parents do it constantly on the boards, on the sidelines etc. It is no wonder others in the community are tired of the Crush story instead of having pride in a local team. Behavior folks - yours and your players. Some 2020 teams had some player movement when they moved up to U13 this summer (leaving some of their U11 team mates behind) as most clubs did not play grade based for U11 and only switched when they moved to U13 - Crush actually seeemd to be in a better position with a consistent team as they were grade based in U11 but the point is that all 2020s are in the same boat. Not just Crush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the [lacrosse] do you know? And where do you get your information [lacrosse]hole? Maybe if you did your research off the Back of the Cage you would realize these kids other than the young one, are the age they should be. So stupid. Find a hobby.

Another classy crush parent proving their worth. What a loser !!!!!! Keep embarrassing yourself, your kid and 91 with your posts. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"U11 in Dec2013/Jan2014, according to the National's rules. "

To offer clarity , they do not have to be U11 in December/January when Dicks is actually played. They had to be U11 in the qualifying tournaments the prior summer using the usual age based brackets every team is subject to that prior year-nothing special. It is great Crush won in Florida and their parents that committed to spend all that money for the U11s but keep it in perspective - they are not really "Nationals" in the true sense of other sports - it is a promoter who set up a self feeding, brilliant system. It becomes clearer with the fact that most older ,better clubs do not play in Dicks despite winning in one or more of the qualifying tournaments. The NDP system actually "broke" the few townie travel tournaments because top Club teams saw some of the purely recreation tournaments 2-3 years ago as quick entrance to the Dicks National tournament by going and beating up on local teams. Example - Beach Lax in Md was the end of season tournament for the Baltimore area clubs until promoter signed on to be a Dicks qualifying tournament and now it is mostly clubs. The teams from NY all went down and literally beat up town rec teams to get a slot at the tourney and then claim to be champions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point was not how good Express and Crush are- but rather they did go to TOC and had to prove their ages. Obviously there are many teams invited and earn an invite or get a waiver, but only those that went can actually say their kids all qualified by age. There are many deserving teams out there, but until birth certificates are required at other tourneys, only those that attended TOC can say their roster is grade appropriate and for LI 2020- it was Express and Crush. That is the point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're right. We should rise above your kind. Point taken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm Laughing! All of this banter is reminiscent of the comments made about the Turtles over the past few years. They're older, they're this, they're that.....blah, blah, blah.

Now 12 of them are committed to top schools. We will be saying the same for Crush in a couple years. Keep complaining, its entertaining! And PS: Coaches DO NOT CARE how old the kid is!!

Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard