BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 327 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad
Can't we just respect and thank both woman for taking the time out to help all of our daughters. Two smart woman, one great game, two different philosophies. Thanks to both.

Smartest thing you've said so far...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes I can because Carol helped Danielle get started because Danielle said she was not going to have a program on Long Island. Then she turns around and starts a program on Long Island so.... she is dishonest and has questionable ethics so yeah thats a problem. Know the history of the two programs okay?
Easy with the "dishonest and questionable ethics" comments about anyone, Danielle or Carol. If you actually know Danielle than you know that those words couldn't be farther from the truth.

Both women run successful businesses in the effort to grow and popularize the game of girls lacrosse. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that concept and both should be applauded for their efforts instead of being bashed on a blog. Both put in an exorbitant time into their players and their programs. They both have paved the way for many other programs to start up and be successful as well.

These women know each other for a very long time (they played high school sports together) and any perceived ill will between them is mostly folk lore these days.
You are missing the point which doesn't surprise me. A promise was made and then it wasn't kept. It has nothing to do with any other fact but that one!
There are very few people who would know the details of this story as expressed here. Isn't it the case that the Liberty establishing themselves on Long Island as opposed to outside New [lacrosse] is in fact the genesis of the "conflict" that the original poster referenced?

who cares??? the monopoly on the girls travel market is disappearing as more and more programs come into play every year. Being the first and biggest club was great while it lasted. Danielle and all the others have just as much right to do business right here on LI. If a promise was made as you state, don't you think that it is ridiculous in the first place, LI is mine, you can't do business here. If that is how it really went down, good for Danielle. Not everyone is a YJ groupie and are very happy to see competative alternative options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too long a story to get into and really Liberty is not a completive entity like it used to be
In lower grades 2014 and younger ... Average.

Look at their 2012 alumni list and compare it to yellow jackets 2012 commitment list. No comparison

Yes I can because Carol helped Danielle get started because Danielle said she was not going to have a program on Long Island. Then she turns around and starts a program on Long Island so.... she is dishonest and has questionable ethics so yeah thats a problem. Know the history of the two programs okay?
Easy with the "dishonest and questionable ethics" comments about anyone, Danielle or Carol. If you actually know Danielle than you know that those words couldn't be farther from the truth.

Both women run successful businesses in the effort to grow and popularize the game of girls lacrosse. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that concept and both should be applauded for their efforts instead of being bashed on a blog. Both put in an exorbitant time into their players and their programs. They both have paved the way for many other programs to start up and be successful as well.

These women know each other for a very long time (they played high school sports together) and any perceived ill will between them is mostly folk lore these days.
You are missing the point which doesn't surprise me. A promise was made and then it wasn't kept. It has nothing to do with any other fact but that one!
There are very few people who would know the details of this story as expressed here. Isn't it the case that the Liberty establishing themselves on Long Island as opposed to outside New [lacrosse] is in fact the genesis of the "conflict" that the original poster referenced?

who cares??? the monopoly on the girls travel market is disappearing as more and more programs come into play every year. Being the first and biggest club was great while it lasted. Danielle and all the others have just as much right to do business right here on LI. If a promise was made as you state, don't you think that it is ridiculous in the first place, LI is mine, you can't do business here. If that is how it really went down, good for Danielle. Not everyone is a YJ groupie and are very happy to see competative alternative options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This board tells the story. Just based on the amount of attention the YJ board gets it is obvious they are the biggest, best and most sought after club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? CR not home loosing sleep over any of these other clubs or directors. They are all thriving and YJ not loosing any strength or members they gained 4 teams. Best of luck to all and move on there is room for all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Libertydad, You seem to think you know of some major difference between philosophies of yj. vs liberty, explain ,,,just curious as to what you believe them to be.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
did the Y.J. enrollment go down? I thought they were doing well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course not. Look at their website they posted 31 teams. Just the haters making up stories.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as the check clears, take them all I say!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the clubs are booming, it a sign of the popularity od lacrosse right now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or it tells another story, it fulfills the stereo type that YJ parents are excessive mouths that can't help themselves. Read the content on these boards, its nothing to be proud of, its quite embarrising behavior. Not all of you bjut certainly some.

This board tells the story. Just based on the amount of attention the YJ board gets it is obvious they are the biggest, best and most sought after club.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Libertydad, You seem to think you know of some major difference between philosophies of yj. vs liberty, explain ,,,just curious as to what you believe them to be.
There is what I know,and what I see. So if I'm a little off on the Y.J. side don't go nuts . Danielle teaches more of a body position type of game, move the apposing player into a place where you can control the placement of a shot, or make a move that restricts her ability to defend against. Keep some distance between you and your opponent . Carol seems to teach the more physical brand of lacrosse, lean on a player, heavy checking, don't be afraid to foul. I think both work well, I just agree more with Danielle. There is the money thing , but thats truly non of my business , nor do i think it's anyone's on this site. If carol wants to add 8 teams per grade good for her, if she's got the players , why not. I was at the liberty try out, and she could have added a 3rd team if she wanted, I thought she had enough girls for that. She chose not to. As far as liberty starting on the Island , thats again non of our business , I'm glad she did. But i understand why Carol is mad, no matter what els happens , she loses players from one of the best lacrosse programs in the country, But if Danielle wants to run a program , why shouldn't she get the girls from her home team. Carol is doing fine and maybe you guys should leave Danielle alone, She's a good woman, she hasn't hurt your program.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
O.K. this was a joke lol............

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THis might be the wrong thread but does anyone know why T3 lacrosse, a New Jersey based club is holding a tournament on long Island? I'll tell you why,because all we are interested in is bashing each other and thumping our chests. Instead of supporting the girls by working together to provide venues for them to play,we allow other clubs to profit from them.I am new to the club world but the hating i have seen in just this past year is horrible. My belief is that there should be a place for all our girls to play and improve. The money being spent by parents ,myself included, is crazy but would it not be better spent here. We should support each other by attending each clubs events and respecting what each club provides for their members.The competition should be amongst the girls and not the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or it tells another story, it fulfills the stereo type that YJ parents are excessive mouths that can't help themselves. Read the content on these boards, its nothing to be proud of, its quite embarrising behavior. Not all of you bjut certainly some.

The truth is...it is not the YJ parents running their mouths, but he parents from every other board on hear complaining and looking to start trouble. I guess their boards are, well, boring because no one cares about them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea it went down now they only have 3 2020 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't we just respect and thank both woman for taking the time out to help all of our daughters. Two smart woman, one great game, two different philosophies. Thanks to both.

Sure but one program with increasing enrollment versus one program with decreasing enrollment .

The fact that people are leaving the YJs does not mean the Yjs aren't doing well. It just means they are the not the only game in town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
didn't that 2012 liberty team do better than 2012 jackets at lax for the cure? Plus, you can't just base it on one year.

Both programs have very impressive alumni lists, the two best on long island without a doubt, with the jackets getting the advantage. And Top Guns getting stronger.

The exact opposite is happening as it relates to the younger teams. With parents growing tired of the jackets reputation (right or wrong) and parents looking for other options than the yellowjackets B, C, or D teams, the younger liberty and top guns teams are actually more competitive than the past.

Too long a story to get into and really Liberty is not a completive entity like it used to be
In lower grades 2014 and younger ... Average.

Look at their 2012 alumni list and compare it to yellow jackets 2012 commitment list. No comparison

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea it went down now they only have 3 2020 teams.

Top Guns and Liberty also have three teams in their younger ages. All are thriving, because lacrosse is thriving, so let's stop the lies about decreasing members.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents not growing tired of YJ reputation stop the BS! 3-4 teams deep in every age group does not equate to your blatant lies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is what I know,and what I see. So if I'm a little off on the Y.J. side don't go nuts . Danielle teaches more of a body position type of game, move the apposing player into a place where you can control the placement of a shot, or make a move that restricts her ability to defend against. Keep some distance between you and your opponent . Carol seems to teach the more physical brand of lacrosse, lean on a player, heavy checking, don't be afraid to foul. I think both work well, I just agree more with Danielle. There is the money thing , but thats truly non of my business , nor do i think it's anyone's on this site. If carol wants to add 8 teams per grade good for her, if she's got the players , why not. I was at the liberty try out, and she could have added a 3rd team if she wanted, I thought she had enough girls for that. She chose not to. As far as liberty starting on the Island , thats again non of our business , I'm glad she did. But i understand why Carol is mad, no matter what els happens , she loses players from one of the best lacrosse programs in the country, But if Danielle wants to run a program , why shouldn't she get the girls from her home team. Carol is doing fine and maybe you guys should leave Danielle alone, She's a good woman, she hasn't hurt your program.

So you have made this assessment of her philosophy after your brief one encounter with CR. Oh and how long did you speak with her 30 sec.... What a joke you should not speak about a person you know nothing about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for supporting my point with that exact yj attitude, right on que, well done.

The truth is...it is not the YJ parents running their mouths, but he parents from every other board on hear complaining and looking to start trouble. I guess their boards are, well, boring because no one cares about them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone help clarify for me? I am looking at the team rosters, for my daughters age group there are four teams, two yellow and two blue. Are the two blue teams A and B teams and the yellow now C and D? Did last years yellow now become the second blue. Is being on the yellow team now somewhat diminished? New to this system, and trying to figure out where each team stands in the pecking order. This two team, two color system is very confusing.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

So you have made this assessment of her philosophy after your brief one encounter with CR. Oh and how long did you speak with her 30 sec.... What a joke you should not speak about a person you know nothing about.
No now your twisting my words , any person that knows the game knows that that is the way Carol runs a team. Northport included . I never said it was a bad philosophy , just not mine, as a matter of fact its very effective. If you Y.J. parents would take your noses out of the air for just a second , and talk to other parents , including those in Md. Pa. Va N.J. or any other state any of them will tell you the same thing , I'll say it's the essence of Long Island lacrosse. Anybody that is a student of , or has played the game will tell you that physicality is the cornerstone of L.I. lacrosse , where as finesse is the hallmark of MD. lacrosse. I'm not trying to bash Carol, so please get a grip.I don't need to talk to Carol to understand her brand of lacrosse ,just like i don't need to talk to Dan Rooney to know the philosophy of the steelers is defence. Stop being so defensive all the time. By the way is this the same person that asked my opinion in the first place?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Top Guns and Liberty also have three teams in their younger ages"
If you need to make stuff up it is pathetic.The TG have 2 teams at the 2019 age group both of which are combined 2019-2020 age groups.The yj have 6 teams in comparable age groups 3 2020 and 3 2019.Enrollment really on the way down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
enrollment is not way down, it is way up and that's the real issue. Its no longer about putting a quality team on the field, which I give yj's credit for, they always do, the top team or two. Its where do you stop, but you cant blame her, if people wanted to throw money at me to play on the forth or fifth team I would gladly take it too. The other clubs are thriving as well, the fact is the number of girls playing is on the increase and all the clubs will profit from it. Many of the clubs seem to stop at two teams per age group on purpose. The A team supported by and developed along side a B team. Where players can develope and exchange between teams. Many people have cited greed as the main factor for yj having so many teams in each age group. While Im sure it is profit driven, there is something to be said about picking up and putting pretty much every kid who tries out on a team. Every kid get a chance to get better and maybe turn into a good player, especially new athletic girls who may be behind on the skill and just need a place to hone their skills.

If you need to make stuff up it is pathetic.The TG have 2 teams at the 2019 age group both of which are combined 2019-2020 age groups.The yj have 6 teams in comparable age groups 3 2020 and 3 2019.Enrollment really on the way down.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
yYah... well... my dad can beat up your dad...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct. Other clubs besides YJs specifically stopped at two teams when they could have had at least three. YJs should have done the same, because trust me, when you start seeing YJs teams getting pummeled at tournaments, it only decreases the brand.

enrollment is not way down, it is way up and that's the real issue. Its no longer about putting a quality team on the field, which I give yj's credit for, they always do, the top team or two. Its where do you stop, but you cant blame her, if people wanted to throw money at me to play on the forth or fifth team I would gladly take it too. The other clubs are thriving as well, the fact is the number of girls playing is on the increase and all the clubs will profit from it. Many of the clubs seem to stop at two teams per age group on purpose. The A team supported by and developed along side a B team. Where players can develope and exchange between teams. Many people have cited greed as the main factor for yj having so many teams in each age group. While Im sure it is profit driven, there is something to be said about picking up and putting pretty much every kid who tries out on a team. Every kid get a chance to get better and maybe turn into a good player, especially new athletic girls who may be behind on the skill and just need a place to hone their skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It used to be okay to see a red, green whatever yj team get beat up and you knew why. Now all the teams are blue and gold, so now when a yj gold team gets pounded it doesn't look good for the club. It think abondoning the color code was a bad move.

You are correct. Other clubs besides YJs specifically stopped at two teams when they could have had at least three. YJs should have done the same, because trust me, when you start seeing YJs teams getting pummeled at tournaments, it only decreases the brand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be true, but with the amount of girls playing now the third or fourth teams are as talented as the second teams were 4 or 5 years ago. They are probably as talented as some of the smaller clubs first team. If I am a parent with a kid who made a third or fourth team I would keep them there, at least they have a chance to impress the organization and move up to the Gold or Blue teams. It happens all the time. For the kids who don't move up, so what, not everyone is "looking for a scholarship". Some kids just want to play because they like it or they want to make their High School team. It is pretty sad that the perception is that these girls are only playing summer travel for the scholarship! If the kids on the lower teams are having fun and the parents don't mind the time and money spent then why would anyone care if their is a 4th or 5th team? As long as they are realistic of their childs ability then they should play!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ organization gives many kids the opportunity to play the sport they love . "Every kid gets a chance to get better and maybe turn into a good player, especially new athletic girls who may be behind on the skill and just need a place to hone their skills. It's not always about winning!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
99% of YJ parents think just because they wear the pinny that there will be money in college. If they say its JUST for the love of the game I don't think they are being completley honest. Sure they love it but they do believe the hype that Long Island Region + Yelliow Jackets = College money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"yYah... well... my dad can beat up your dad..."
Mr. I am not anonymous you are such a moron or as you would say a moroon, the posters point was clearly if you are going to state things as fact such as the number of teams at least make sure you have the facts correct.Personally I like the fact that the yj take kids that may not make other teams , it in my opinion gives their top teams a greater pool of players to choose from. Yes kids from the 3rd and lower level teams have worked their way onto the top level teams , usually after having a poor first try-out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to call anyone any names. Don't stoop to his level. But you are proving the point that the 3rd and 4th teams are just not that good and everyone knows it. I know that stings when you consider what you are paying, but that is the fact.

quote=Anonymous]"yYah... well... my dad can beat up your dad..."
Mr. I am not anonymous you are such a moron or as you would say a moroon, the posters point was clearly if you are going to state things as fact such as the number of teams at least make sure you have the facts correct.Personally I like the fact that the yj take kids that may not make other teams , it in my opinion gives their top teams a greater pool of players to choose from. Yes kids from the 3rd and lower level teams have worked their way onto the top level teams , usually after having a poor first try-out. [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
O.K. moroon
first if it says this:Anonymous. in the golden field next to your post , Then yes you are an Anonymous poster, Unless your you picked anonymous as a screen name , then I'm just jealous because thats really funny
second the only thing I said about the number of teams Carol has is ,if she has enough girls to field 4,5,6,7 teams than more power to her. I'm the first one to say it's a business,
third it was a Y.J. parent that made an assumption about liberty , they assumed that liberty enrollment was down because there only fielding 2 teams in the upper age groups, I said that was not true , that there was enough girls , at least at my daughters age, to field 3 teams.So get off your high horse and get your own people to stop assuming, and then writing posts as facts , when they don't have the truth. Did the collective Y.J. parents call Danielle and ask for enrollment figures . I bet not
fourth the only thug I said about her teams was If someone beats the blue team , that we all know is really the gold team , does it really count or will the parents say "well thats not the real blue team", witch by the way nobody had a answer for that , so I ask again
and lastly, the only thing i said about enrollment was a joke , look back at my posts before you shoot your mouth off about me.
"yYah... well... my dad can beat up your dad..."
Mr. I am not anonymous are such a moron or as you would say a moroon, the posters point was clearly if you are going to state things as fact such as the number of teams at least make sure you have the facts correct.Personally I like the fact that the yj take kids that may not make other teams , it in my opinion gives their top teams a greater pool of players to choose from. Yes kids from the 3rd and lower level teams have worked their way onto the top level teams , usually after having a poor first try-out.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I agree with you 100% let Carol take every girl that wants to play, who cares , so long as they are playing the game they love. But please don't bash other clubs for not doing the same. some clubs are keeping it to the original concept of fielding the best team the can , to help the best girls with recruitment. God bless carol for giving all these girls the chance to experience what its like to play club ball . Put on 100 teams per age if you can . just keep them playing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"99% of YJ parents think just because they wear the pinny that there will be money in college"
Yes only one percent of yj parents have any sense of reality,of course that one percent thinks you are a fool and know for a fact that the yj are the top girls travel organization on long island.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"99% of YJ parents think just because they wear the pinny that there will be money in college"
Yes only one percent of yj parents have any sense of reality,of course that one percent thinks you are a fool and know for a fact that the yj are the top girls travel organization on long island.
Enough of this negative discussion - the conversation has turned progressively more nasty and "personal". BOTC asks that the conversation gets back on track dealing with the fscts or a simple discussion at what is known. We also tell you unequivocably that the "name calling" stops here.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Libertydad, If you beat one of the blue teams then yes you can say you beat one of the blue teams. If what you are asking is if you can then claim to have beaten the yj top team , you can personally claim whatever you want . That being said i feel pretty confident you will know if you have played and beaten their top team considering you have claimed to have played them in the past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and who really cares if you win any games anyway

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 327 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 326 327
Quick Reply