BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about Crush admitting they lost and deal with the consequences? This from a team that runs up the score, goes behind the back, and trashes everyone they play. Congrats Laxachusetts for beating the mighty Crush!!!!

Yup its true, they lost to 14 and 15 year old kids who should actually be in 8th and 9th grade (fact) no excuses a loss is a loss. It happens when you play up and attempt to actually compete. I think they should stay in local tournaments and play all the "Mighty" 2020 teams on long Island and see how that works.

You had to throw in 14 and 15 year olds..LOL. No comment on the running up the score or the trash talking they do, I figure you would comment on that and defend your kids at least. I guess they really do trash talk. Hey why not split up your team and this way there would be more competitive games for their age. Just a thought. Why would anyone want to play defense for a team that keeps scoring. you get no action on defense all you get is a shirt that you won a tournament but did your son get better. The answer is no.. Please don't say in your answer the kids get better in practice that is where they learn so much. The kids are 10-11 they need the game experience for themselves. Just a defensive parent who sees some of these kids do nothing all tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts should not be invited back next year. The coaches admitted that they had several older prep school kids on the team. Their defense was dangerously unruly and the entire team was not very skilled, just 6 inches taller and 30lbs heavier than the true 7th graders. Stay classy Boston

is it true that laxachusettes 2019 yellow had 2018 players playing because it sure looked like it?

Have to second that opinion - several people mentioned the same thing to me

I'm a long island parent, but have a number of friends who have kids that play for Laxachusetts. Their 2019 black team is comprised of all 7th graders. There may be a few 2000 birth year hold backs, but hey, all good teams have hold backs, and that team didn't even make it to the finals.

Great, I don't think they are accusing anyone of not being in 7th grade. the question is how many 2000 and any 1999's.

If you can answer that then hats off to them. Look for Crush to be the new lambs for the Orange team. Crush will take the legs out of many teams because no one wants to loose to the "younger" team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Crush admitting they lost and deal with the consequences? This from a team that runs up the score, goes behind the back, and trashes everyone they play. Congrats Laxachusetts for beating the mighty Crush!!!!

I am sure that lose stung a bit. But I am not sure you saw what I did soon after. I couldn't have been prouder of those crush boys mingling with other LI teams to watch the xpres laxachusetts game.

Most of the boys know each other and they were cheering with smiles on their faces. Many time supporting that Express goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Revolution is the teams you see at the tournaments, different than the LI Revolution link on BoTC

GO to http://www.liparklacrosse.com/
for information on Team Revolution

Does anyone have information on the LI Revolution 7th grade team? Trying to look at other options closer to home come tryout season.
See their advertisements all the time on this website but not much info about them. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it true that laxachusettes 2019 yellow had 2018 players playing because it sure looked like it?

What is true is that parents of that program admitted that they have held their children TWICE! In 3rd grade and again in 7th. Technically these boys should be in 9th grade. This is the problem with GRADE based tournaments. There is no way to prove a grade AND if a child is held he is older BUT in the grade.

How about Crush bringing in a new face off kid who also played for Legacy and Smithtown this weekend. Hats off to the coach for putting the best team possible on the field, but play with the team you signed up with...geez

2 thoughts on this, first, how does a kid feel knowing that they have been held back s o they can "play down" ? Second, these boys should be dominating their "grade" and they are not, this results in an overly physical game because they are losing to players younger then them. Their parents are inadvertently ruining their self esteem, which is a very important component to being a good player.

Seems like the only complaining is coming from the Crush/Laxachusetts game. Laxachusetts went on to lose to Express and the game was actually fairly clean but still physical. Do any of the other 2019 teams have complaints about Laxachusetts? BTW, that enormous defenseman on Laxachusetts is a legit 2001 birth year kid.

I know we aren't supposed to call out kids on here but there was a certain boy I saw play against crush who definitely did not look age appropriate maybe grade so Ok. BUT I did not see him play in the Express game and I was looking

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup its true, they lost to 14 and 15 year old kids who should actually be in 8th and 9th grade (fact) no excuses a loss is a loss. It happens when you play up and attempt to actually compete. I think they should stay in local tournaments and play all the "Mighty" 2020 teams on long Island and see how that works.

You had to throw in 14 and 15 year olds..LOL. No comment on the running up the score or the trash talking they do, I figure you would comment on that and defend your kids at least. I guess they really do trash talk. Hey why not split up your team and this way there would be more competitive games for their age. Just a thought. Why would anyone want to play defense for a team that keeps scoring. you get no action on defense all you get is a shirt that you won a tournament but did your son get better. The answer is no.. Please don't say in your answer the kids get better in practice that is where they learn so much. The kids are 10-11 they need the game experience for themselves. Just a defensive parent who sees some of these kids do nothing all tournament.

Crush is the best team from and they're defense is awesome...this coming from a non-91 long island parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is true is that parents of that program admitted that they have held their children TWICE! In 3rd grade and again in 7th. Technically these boys should be in 9th grade. This is the problem with GRADE based tournaments. There is no way to prove a grade AND if a child is held he is older BUT in the grade.

How about Crush bringing in a new face off kid who also played for Legacy and Smithtown this weekend. Hats off to the coach for putting the best team possible on the field, but play with the team you signed up with...geez

2 thoughts on this, first, how does a kid feel knowing that they have been held back s o they can "play down" ? Second, these boys should be dominating their "grade" and they are not, this results in an overly physical game because they are losing to players younger then them. Their parents are inadvertently ruining their self esteem, which is a very important component to being a good player.

Seems like the only complaining is coming from the Crush/Laxachusetts game. Laxachusetts went on to lose to Express and the game was actually fairly clean but still physical. Do any of the other 2019 teams have complaints about Laxachusetts? BTW, that enormous defenseman on Laxachusetts is a legit 2001 birth year kid.

I know we aren't supposed to call out kids on here but there was a certain boy I saw play against crush who definitely did not look age appropriate maybe grade so Ok. BUT I did not see him play in the Express game and I was looking

The whole crush team was not age appropriate. They should have played in their age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I for one am happy to see Crush challenging themselves this way. They played with a lot of heart. It is good to lose sometimes, they will only be better for it. They could have beat up every 2020 team there but instead chose to push themselves. It is difficult at this age playing up no matter how skilled, when the size difference is so big.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liar! You absolutely had a kid play with you who is an invite.... You also had a kid get ejected from the tourney....parents are loose cannons on the sideline..... Give me a break....stay classy Tournament Champions 7B.... Win a shirt anyway you can:)

This comment must be from one of those wacky LIT Blue Shark parents. I can say withh 100% confidence that there was not 1 kid playing for the Stampede that is not a full time member of the team, and as for a player being ejected, I have no clue where you came accross that little gem of information, didnt happen, whatever your motivation is to spread a lie like that can probably be worked out with a little couch time with a good therapist, so dont give up hope, im sure you'll be fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The leader of the almighty Crush isn't going to complain when his holdback kid is 15 playing 13 year olds

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liar! You absolutely had a kid play with you who is an invite.... You also had a kid get ejected from the tourney....parents are loose cannons on the sideline..... Give me a break....stay classy Tournament Champions 7B.... Win a shirt anyway you can:)

Still don't understand how Stampede makes it to finals instead of Terps.Explanation?
Terps 3 wins/1 lose and beat Stampede soundly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still don't understand how Stampede makes it to finals instead of Terps.Explanation?

Terps were in a different bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both teams went 3/1, but were in different brackets. Terps were in the West bracket, Stampede was in the North bracket.

Standings were:
Laxachusetts white was the winner of the West Bracket
LI Express NYC was winner of East Bracket
LIT Blue Sharks was winner of South Bracket
Team91 Stampede was winner of North Bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush is the best team from and they're defense is awesome...this coming from a non-91 long island parent

Can't be the best team if you got beat ...Nice try

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I for one am happy to see Crush challenging themselves this way. They played with a lot of heart. It is good to lose sometimes, they will only be better for it. They could have beat up every 2020 team there but instead chose to push themselves. It is difficult at this age playing up no matter how skilled, when the size difference is so big.

So the kids voted to play up.They have some say on this team. Sounds like a proud papa defending his son.They lost to a better team whether the other team was more physical or just had more determination to win that comes with years of experience. Be humble when losing and more humble when winning.That's the lesson here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both teams went 3/1, but were in different brackets. Terps were in the West bracket, Stampede was in the North bracket.

Standings were:

It's a "B" game what does it matter who wins it as long as the games were competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This comment must be from one of those wacky LIT Blue Shark parents. I can say withh 100% confidence that there was not 1 kid playing for the Stampede that is not a full time member of the team, and as for a player being ejected, I have no clue where you came accross that little gem of information, didnt happen, whatever your motivation is to spread a lie like that can probably be worked out with a little couch time with a good therapist, so dont give up hope, im sure you'll be fine.
Full time meaning you believe they are paid up for the year..Nice choice of words. Am I wrong in how you mean this.DOes the kid go to every tournament?. Stop being sneaky. WHo else does he play for? Who is the parents of this kid and how do the others feel when their kid doesn't play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Full time meaning you believe they are paid up for the year..Nice choice of words. Am I wrong in how you mean this.DOes the kid go to every tournament?. Stop being sneaky. WHo else does he play for? Who is the parents of this kid and how do the others feel when their kid doesn't play

Full time means has been on the team since the fall and on the roster. Same kids have been practicing each week and playing in all the tournaments, so there is no guest appearances by some superstar. You lost, get over it. I'm sure the teams will play again and be competitive, your coaches were nice and so were some of the parents. (No one is sneaky except for you and your husband who was busy crying on the sideline of the sharks game due to your goalie/defense cheap shots. )

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Sorry to burst your bubble screaming Shark Parent but the Stampede team had all their players in this tournament, as well as JRDF, no extras. Parents are very happy with this team and the kids are all friends, seems your team doesn't have the same chemistry as some of your parents were ashamed of how you acted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Standings were:

It's a "B" game what does it matter who wins it as long as the games were competitive.

Who won overall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Standings were:

Stupid set up. Why did 1 bracket have 6 teams when all the others had only 4 and with easier teams? Stupid set up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Standings were:

Who won overall?

Stampede beat laxachusetts in a braveheart to win overall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Full time means has been on the team since the fall and on the roster. Same kids have been practicing each week and playing in all the tournaments, so there is no guest appearances by some superstar. You lost, get over it. I'm sure the teams will play again and be competitive, your coaches were nice and so were some of the parents. (No one is sneaky except for you and your husband who was busy crying on the sideline of the sharks game due to your goalie/defense cheap shots. )

It's a b game both of you should get over it and the teams you play for should thank you for your money. That's the least they can do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by acblax

Sorry to burst your bubble screaming Shark Parent but the Stampede team had all their players in this tournament, as well as JRDF, no extras. Parents are very happy with this team and the kids are all friends, seems your team doesn't have the same chemistry as some of your parents were ashamed of how you acted.

Everyone gets along on the Stampede (that's funny).Equal playing time for all. You guys play so well you should enter an A tournament. Never mind you already have 2 a teams smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Standings were:

Who won overall?

laxachusettes sit out their older guys for that one? didn't they have some 8th graders?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know how stampede could have beat that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by acblax

Everyone gets along on the Stampede (that's funny).Equal playing time for all. You guys play so well you should enter an A tournament. Never mind you already have 2 a teams smile

Now we are talking about the JDRF tournament. It was a fundraiser no winners or losers. The games were played to raise money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know how stampede could have beat that team

I don't think anyone cares that they beat them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's funny is you seem very upset over a B team winning a B tournament. Did your kid get cut from the 91 C team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One good kid on express #17 who is a lefty scored 3 of Express's goals..Remaining players are average A players.

No match to the depth Team 91 orange has from top to bottom. Not one man down penalty for 91 in the final game..that's great lacrosse players

Team 91 2019 Orange took it all. Went 5 and 0 for the two days.

Beat Express in championship 11 to 4.

Whipped them pretty good huh..Not good for the express . when it use to be the elite program .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One good kid on express #17 who is a lefty scored 3 of Express's goals..Remaining players are average A players.

No match to the depth Team 91 orange has from top to bottom. Not one man down penalty for 91 in the final game..that's great lacrosse players

Whipped them pretty good huh..Not good for the express . when it use to be the elite program .

Is 91 starting to take over as a feeder system to the elite Catholic schools yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is 91 starting to take over as a feeder system to the elite Catholic schools yet?

LOl. Only for the kids who have the money to make sure their kids play on 91 and in the Catholic school. They don't want the parent that doesn't have money we all know that. Get out your check books and then your kid can play, I promise you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk to the Catholic schools. The bottom line is that NONE of them care who you play for and who you play for does not dictate playing time. They are in it to win it! Catholic schools rely on funding from Alumni, Alumni are happy when their former teams win, winning = $$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You've told us twice that 91 orange is very deep. Keep telling yourself that. First line offense is very good. After that I wouldn't go crazy. You must be a parent of one of the "deep" kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You've told us twice that 91 orange is very deep. Keep telling yourself that. First line offense is very good. After that I wouldn't go crazy. You must be a parent of one of the "deep" kids.

3-4 good defensemen , They really don't get tested to much so hard to judge if they are any good. More of an offensive team and they can get away without a great defense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LXC teams have a few holdbacks, as will all grade-based teams. I know the 2019 team well, however, and can vouch that the core of the team are "true" 7th graders, including the first and second midfield lines as well as most of the attack. And yes, that also includes the biggest kid on the team, whose birthday is actually kind of late, if memory serves. Matters less as the kids get older....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Standings were:

Who won overall?

Any A players help Stampede out in final ? ? ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on Empire state tryout at FOD?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were barely enough players there to make cuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were barely enough players there to make cuts.

Whos running it?

Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard