BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 327 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2017 Gold coach has a daughter that plays on Blue

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They have a winning reputation for the most part because of their Blue teams. By diluting these blue teams with players from the gold and less, Coach R would jeopardize her reputation. The players on the blue teams for the most part are much better than the players from the other YJ teams, no question. There is always some room to exchange players to the blue team only if the new player is as good or better than members of the Blue team. This will ensure that her blue teams remain some of the best in the country. If she allows less skilled players that don't deserve to be on the blue team then she jeopardizes the reputation of the YJ.These goes back to the town team parents who try to get their less talented kids onto great teams. They should never be allowed to play with the athletic kids. That is why most blue team parents are running away from their stinky town teams who have no control over the parents. Thank God for the YJ where the most athletic kids from the different towns have a place to go and leave behind the less athletic kids to play less serious lax games ( some cases these games are a joke,comical). Worship the athletic kids on the blue teams, give credit where credit is due, over and over again!!
Don't put the less athletic kids with the talented,skilled athletic kids. This does Nothing (frustration) for the athletic kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR will never damage her reputation by the names she assigns to individual club teams within the organization. The college coaches could care less what she calls any of them. In the fall tourneys she named all the teams after LI Beaches.

Its not the color of the team its the "YELLOW JACKETS" name that brings her kids success.

Her integrity will only be challenged if she markets an athlete to a program that cant play for that particular coach. So team color is irrelevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have a winning reputation for the most part because of their Blue teams. By diluting these blue teams with players from the gold and less, Coach R would jeopardize her reputation. The players on the blue teams for the most part are much better than the players from the other YJ teams, no question. There is always some room to exchange players to the blue team only if the new player is as good or better than members of the Blue team. This will ensure that her blue teams remain some of the best in the country. If she allows less skilled players that don't deserve to be on the blue team then she jeopardizes the reputation of the YJ.These goes back to the town team parents who try to get their less talented kids onto great teams. They should never be allowed to play with the athletic kids. That is why most blue team parents are running away from their stinky town teams who have no control over the parents. Thank God for the YJ where the most athletic kids from the different towns have a place to go and leave behind the less athletic kids to play less serious lax games ( some cases these games are a joke,comical). Worship the athletic kids on the blue teams, give credit where credit is due, over and over again!!
Don't put the less athletic kids with the talented,skilled athletic kids. This does Nothing (frustration) for the athletic kids.

Worship? Your sick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 girls all went in wearing black expect the girls that played on the 2019 team they wore gold. By the end of the try out the girls in the white were scrimmaging each other and appeared to be more advanced then the girls who were wearing red and gold. Just guessing that the white pinnies are blue team and the red and gold are gold team. Both teams have excellent coaches for this upcoming year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't have a dog in this fight ,and I will say that the yellow jackets are a great club but to say that it is the yellow jacket name that brings success to these young women is doing them injustice. These very talented girls would be just as successful playing for "tiny tims" lax club. just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR will never damage her reputation by the names she assigns to individual club teams within the organization. The college coaches could care less what she calls any of them. In the fall tourneys she named all the teams after LI Beaches.

Its not the color of the team its the "YELLOW JACKETS" name that brings her kids success.

Her integrity will only be challenged if she markets an athlete to a program that cant play for that particular coach. So team color is irrelevant.

You are kidding yourself. Major schools look for Blue players. Maybe some Gold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't have a dog in this fight ,and I will say that the yellow jackets are a great club but to say that it is the yellow jacket name that brings success to these young women is doing them injustice. These very talented girls would be just as successful playing for "tiny tims" lax club. just my opinion.

My daughter plays for YJ. Many of her friends play for liberty and other clubs. The YJ coaches are much higher quality. Though I agree to some extent with what you said, the coaching will help along the way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter plays for YJ. Many of her friends play for liberty and other clubs. The YJ coaches are much higher quality. Though I agree to some extent with what you said, the coaching will help along the way.

I'm just curious - how do you determine that the YJ coaching is of higher quality than Liberty or other programs? That's pretty broad statement.My daughter players for Liberty, and we are very happy with the coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GO GET A JOB NOW!!!! STOP LIVING AS IF YOUR THE PLAYERS

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm just curious - how do you determine that the YJ coaching is of higher quality than Liberty or other programs? That's pretty broad statement.My daughter players for Liberty, and we are very happy with the coaching.

I can only make this judgement based on what I have heard. I have heard there are several college kids coaching who are not committed, they dont alwayss show up for tournaments and practices and that year to year there is no consistency with coaches. Maybe you can shed some light on this rumor. If in fact you have had a consistent, high quality, experienced coach then let us know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the 2020 girls all went in wearing red. (Unless they played up with the 2019 team last year). On the website it lists two 2020 teams. Does anyone know how many girls tried out and how many they will take?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the 2020 girls all went in wearing red. (Unless they played up with the 2019 team last year). On the website it lists two 2020 teams. Does anyone know how many girls tried out and how many they will take?

Yes a few 2020 played up w 2019 last year and wore gold at tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is an easy one. They will take all the girls. They will make a team for your daughter and give you a spot on that team. It turns out that your money is just as good as they money coming from someone on the blue team. And this is fine, so long as you know where your daughter stands and what to expect. I get it, YJ is a brand name and people love to wear it. Many of the players on the lower teams are a far cry from what exists on the blue, but at least you can be in the organization with a chance to move up through the teams if politics don't get in the way. It would be the same with any other organization you go to as well. If the girls are truely athletically gifted, they will rise up despite politics. Don't count on the skill/training money making crap turning your daughter into something she's not. I'm not saying the camps and clinics aren't worthwhile, they are, but it isn't going to turn your daughter into a blue girl if she dosnt have it inside her to begin with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hmmm, the money...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all you people commenting about the money, move on aready! If you don't like it go somewhere else. You're obsessed with how much money she may or may not be making! So what! No one is forcing anyone to fork over their money, those that do obviously feel it's worth it. You need to find something else to gripe about, it is what it is! Find a new argument because frankly you're clogging up what could be a very informative board with your constant bellyaching about money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you're absolutely right, however, lets not dilute ourselves about how it's "all about he kids" it's a business making large amounts of money preying on anxiety ridden parents and their kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHOW ME THE MONEY!

There are 32 clubs listed under the long island clubs section. I expect that none of them are free. Very few have the reputation nor do they have the proven track record of YJ. If you truly believe parents are getting ripped off, go post your money comment on the other clubs forums. What are exactly are those parents paying for? At least YJ has a college commitment page that is the envy of the sport. IT IS A BUSINESS, that makes alot of money. So what, no one is begging for your $. More than 700 kids attended YJ tryouts, I assume the vast majority realize what they are getting themselves into and do not need your advice. You should be worried about the fact that we have an incompetent President and that he has an approval rating of 42%. Can you imagine that 42% believe he is doing a good job, That is a crime!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMEN!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHOW ME THE MONEY!

There are 32 clubs listed under the long island clubs section. I expect that none of them are free. Very few have the reputation nor do they have the proven track record of YJ. If you truly believe parents are getting ripped off, go post your money comment on the other clubs forums. What are exactly are those parents paying for? At least YJ has a college commitment page that is the envy of the sport. IT IS A BUSINESS, that makes alot of money. So what, no one is begging for your $. More than 700 kids attended YJ tryouts, I assume the vast majority realize what they are getting themselves into and do not need your advice. You should be worried about the fact that we have an incompetent President and that he has an approval rating of 42%. Can you imagine that 42% believe he is doing a good job, That is a crime!

You are missing the point. The money comment people are making here is not in reference to YJ being a profit making business. You are correct, all the clubs out there are making the money. This all spawned out of the two blue team conversations, and that is seen as a money making move, and that is all about the money. This two blue thing has many people upset on many levels!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look around the forum and you will see the same complaining on a lot of teams threads, there's also a BOTC thread regarding tryout fees that is more of the same - seems like yj and a few other teams have just taken the gauging to another level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
500+ of those 700+ kids are being set-up for a big disappointment

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
the real funny thug is , people are complaining about carol running a business while trying to get there kid into a DI school to play a sport for the ncaa, witch is a huge business, I wonder what these parents will complain about then . And just as a side thought I hope you all want your kids in these DI schools for the education and not for the sport
SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can only make this judgement based on what I have heard. I have heard there are several college kids coaching who are not committed, they dont alwayss show up for tournaments and practices and that year to year there is no consistency with coaches. Maybe you can shed some light on this rumor. If in fact you have had a consistent, high quality, experienced coach then let us know.

I have never heard of anyone complaining about Liberty coaches. My problem with jackets coaching is the bias for the coaches kid.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I have never heard of anyone complaining about Liberty coaches. My problem with jackets coaching is the bias for the coaches kid.

I suspect that bias exists on every team on which the coach has a kid. I've seen it across all sports. It's certainly not unique to YJ.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by libertydad
the real funny thug is , people are complaining about carol running a business while trying to get there kid into a DI school to play a sport for the ncaa, witch is a huge business, I wonder what these parents will complain about then . And just as a side thought I hope you all want your kids in these DI schools for the education and not for the sport[quote=Anonymous]

Amen! Education is the goal, not playing for XYZ school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHOW ME THE MONEY!

You are missing the point. The money comment people are making here is not in reference to YJ being a profit making business. You are correct, all the clubs out there are making the money. This all spawned out of the two blue team conversations, and that is seen as a money making move, and that is all about the money. This two blue thing has many people upset on many levels!

SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CALL THE TEAMS ANYTHING SHE WANTS. WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT IT IS WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS. SHE IS A GENIUS !! UNITE THE CLUB WITH BLUE AND GOLD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As I said, only what i have heard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
500+ of those 700+ kids are being set-up for a big disappointment

Ok so there is 35 committs from the 2013 class in NY State. 29 of which are from Long Island.
Yellow Jackets has 19 of 29. This is no coincidence. Still best Odds YJ

I am sure there are many happy kids coming from YJ program. Lat year 2012 They have almost 70 kids committed. Almost every kid from all 4 teams. Blue gold green and black

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I am a liberty dad and I will tell you that my daughters coach last year was fantastic. She only missed practice when she was at the N.C.A.A. tourney , and when she did miss it was covered by a manhasset coach, what more could you ask for. As I understand it Danielle, uses girls that went through her program as coaches. To me that means they understand what she wants because she went through it. I can also attest that there was always at least one Manhasset coach at every practice. You may not like Manhasset, but you can't deny that they are a premier lacrosse program, so to have those coaches overlooking my daughters team is fine with me. I have never heard of one of her coaches being even late, forget about not showing up. And by the way no I don't live in manhasset and my daughter does not go there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I suspect that bias exists on every team on which the coach has a kid. I've seen it across all sports. It's certainly not unique to YJ."
While that may be true in many instances I have not seen that to be the case on any of my kids yj teams. Both teams have a parent coach and the only bias I have seen may be against their own child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Generally speaking, does everyone make a team? Unless, of course, a play does not have much skill? Other than that, do most people get a spot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the math, four colors = 96 players, five colors = 120 players, so unless there are 150-200 kids trying out for each age group (the website claims only the first 100 kids registered will be allowed to participate in a tryout for each age group) nobody really gets cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its now like the Roughriders in soccer. parents come home after writing the big check and say their kid made the team. News flash, EVERYONE makes the team if you write the check. Another shocker, this is a FOR PROFIT business and good for them! But unless you are on the top team it does get a bit watered down and now there are 10+ organizations skimming kids from the pool. Yellow Jackets do have the big name and the coolest apparell and thats what most parents want! Good Luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its now like the Roughriders in soccer. parents come home after writing the big check and say their kid made the team. News flash, EVERYONE makes the team if you write the check. Another shocker, this is a FOR PROFIT business and good for them! But unless you are on the top team it does get a bit watered down and now there are 10+ organizations skimming kids from the pool. Yellow Jackets do have the big name and the coolest apparell and thats what most parents want! Good Luck!

My duaghter plays for rough riders. We know several kids that were cut this year. Actually 4 with 2 of them being cut for the second year in a row. At the age group above us we know another 5 that were cut. Get the facts straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC board members why don't one of reach out to Coach Rose and ask her if she is going to have multiple "Blue" teams in several age groups? We all agree in the reasoning with two "Blue" teams at the 2014 level because of the the circumstances pertaining to 2013/2014 east team. The skill, ability level or what ever you want to call it on all other age groups between "Blue" and "Gold" is a large margin; that is a fact there is not 40+ players in each age group of EQUAL ability (bottom 3 or 4 of Blue to top 3 or 4 og gold at best), It might put an end to all this speculation and we can move on. Thank you in advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are the yj making heavy cuts or just adding more teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you need to reach out to CR you will find out soon enough. I do not understand your issue if she feels the need to rename the various levels of teams.Would it be that difficult to figure out the so called pecking order if the teams were labeled blue1. blue2. gold1. gold2. ?Let me guess if she ever decided to change the uniform designs the college coaches would never be able to find the yj team they were looking for to scout a particular player.It could be a reaction to the various yj haters who are always bashing the teams below the gold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In actuality some kids do get cut but the yj try to find a place for as many as they can.This is a good thing for both the players and organization.Kids who may not have a place to play now do and I guarantee that some kids have gotten moved from red to blue in the past and it wii happen this year(blue1 ) making their top teams stronger every year.Obviousy the money does not hurt either.

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 327 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard